Skip to content

Higher Ground (PW Action)

I thought I'd plug my favourite NWN server here - Higher Ground (or HG) is one of the most popular PW Action worlds, with a vibrant community and some amazing custom content. Check out the Forums, Wiki and Dashboard to see what's happening! HG is planning to upgrade to EE and the Staff are actively searching for ways to make the new player experience more enjoyable.

The world is absolutely huge and built to cater for party play, with many classes designed with synergy in mind. You can explore and conquer dimensions including the Nine Hells, the Abyss, Elysium and the Ever-Changing Chaos of Limbo!

Thanks to the Legendary Level system, the fun doesn't stop at Level 40 - characters can continue to gain Legendary Levels until Level 60, and then Paragon Levels to a maximum of Level 80! With a variety of subraces (some locked behind special books that must be found to be used), there's heaps to see and do.

Many classes/feats/spells have been customised: Dragon Disciples (including colours other than Red) can turn into a large-sized Half Dragon; Rangers and Assassins have access to abilities that will slay their target in one blow; Theurges can utilise spells from both the Wizard and Cleric classes without losing any potency; it would take far too long to list all the changes here, but whether you're teleporting yourself from map-to-map with the Gate spell, or resurrecting the entire party in a flash of light with the Cleric's Epic Spell "Miracle", be assured that you'll be able to enjoy HG's content for years to come!

If you're interested in checking it out, take a look at the Installation Guide first - you only need CEP 2.3 to get in, the other haks are optional. Once you're ready to roll, check out the Getting Started page and consider following one of the Open Subrace Builds - there's a lot of custom content to get your head around, so it helps to have a template to guide you.

We also have a new Discord server up and running (here), so you can leave any questions or comments there and someone will get back to you :)

Happy hunting!

Comments

• jedimaster144jedimaster144 Member Posts: 2
    Great server! I highly recommend trying it out!

It is great to hear that it will be coming to the enhanced edition. Is there an ETA that you are shooting for having the server running on the enhanced edition? I'd certainly like to play on this server again!
  • LiarethLiareth Member Posts: 74
    I've been playing here recently and having a lot of fun with it. Great server! Can't wait to see you guys on 1.74.