Skip to content

I'm sorry if these have been talked about before, but I couldn't find the forum search function

1.) Is it possible to make Override folders work like they do in NWN2? Where you can have the game read from folders in the Override directory and not dump stuff into the main override folder. This would be a great help for me.

2.) Is the CEP and similar projects being added to the NWN: EE game?

3.) Is there going to be any new content available in NWN: EE such as: monsters, tilesets, art assets (like rocks, trees, etc?

Thanks guys!

Comments

• SherincallSherincall Member Posts: 387
    1) Yes, not too difficult. There is an upcoming trello board where people can "vote" on features. If there's demand for this, I don't see why it wouldn't be doable. There's a way to force this yourself on Linux already.

2) No. Adding community content to the game would be a huge legal can of worms. You'd literally be better off by commissioning new work to remake entirety of CEP than what it would cost in lawyer hours to incorporate it.

3) Almost certainly, eventually. Nothing specific revealed yet, other than some portrait packs.
  • Ugly_DuckUgly_Duck Member Posts: 182
    Where would I find this "Trello" board? And what does Trello mean btw?
    edited December 2017
    Is there an official name to the Override folder suggestion I made? What do they call this?
  • SherincallSherincall Member Posts: 387
    It's not public yet, they will post it in an announcement when it is. It's just a Kanban board - you can look it up, but essentially it's a way to view all the features that are considered, and "vote" on the ones you think should have priority.

Here's a random example example of trello boards for development: https://trello.com/b/1Jz6SorC/the-dev-board
  • ShadowMShadowM Member Posts: 573
    edited December 2017
    1. If someone could update this program to work with 1.69 / EE or contact the creator to update that might be a great work around until we get a patch.
    andyvioustv.hopto.org/
  • CutlassJackCutlassJack Member Posts: 493
    Since no one mentioned it, for future reference, the search function is at the very bottom of the sidebar on the left. You'll have to scroll down a bit for it since there's so many categories there. Its easy to miss down there. :)

Since no one mentioned it, for future reference, the search function is at the very bottom of the sidebar on the left. You'll have to scroll down a bit for it since there's so many categories there. Its easy to miss down there. :)

Thanks for pointing that out!

1) Yes, not too difficult. There is an upcoming trello board where people can "vote" on features. If there's demand for this, I don't see why it wouldn't be doable. There's a way to force this yourself on Linux already.

2) No. Adding community content to the game would be a huge legal can of worms. You'd literally be better off by commissioning new work to remake entirety of CEP than what it would cost in lawyer hours to incorporate it.

3) Almost certainly, eventually. Nothing specific revealed yet, other than some portrait packs.

For #2, I meant would we still be able to use old community content, like the CEP. Would it/them be compatible?
  • Sylvus_MoonbowSylvus_Moonbow Member Posts: 1,085
    Everything is backwards compatible with EE.
  • TarotRedhandTarotRedhand Member Posts: 1,481

Everything is backwards compatible with EE.

Except intro and outro movies.

TR
  • MadHatterMadHatter Member Posts: 145
    Except intro and outro movies.

Which are easily converted to be compatible.