Skip to content

Ease of use improvements for 2018

RastRast Member Posts: 12
Hello,

I played the original version of IWD a few years ago, didn't get through it. Bought the EE recently and am slowly working my way through it. No regrets, happy to support Beamdog.

HOWEVER my main complaint is that I no longer have as much patience for pointless timewasting clicking as I did when I was a kid. There are many simple things that should be changed to improve the gameplay experience. I'll start listing them below.

Of course all of these could be configurable, for those who prefer the current behavior.

1. Shared Lore. When I'm Lore-ing an item, use the highest Lore value in my party, not just the current character.
2. Auto-Lore. Lore unidentified items when you first pick them up. I understand that some people enjoy Lore-ing manually so this should certainly be optional.
3. Increase Inventory Space. I have two mockups at the bottom of this post. The first squeezes more boxes into the existing inventory screen to boost the number of items in the backpack from 16 to 30. The second one also stretches the inventory screen down a couple more rows to boost pack space to 50 items (and also increase the number of ground items shown at once).
4. Only count worn items towards encumbrance. If my 5 STR mage happens to pick up three plate mails, that's fine. He's not going to be wearing them. Forcing me to click them over to the 19 STR half orc is just wasting my limited real life time.
6. Quick Loot From Inventory: The ground section of inventory should show all nearby items, not just the ones the character is standing directly on top of. Show the closer items at the top of the list.
7. Autopickup gold. Saves pointless clicks. HOWEVER I still want to hear the goldpickup noise when it happens.