Skip to content

Cursor not viewable in BG II EE and IceWind Dale II

dhansen5dhansen5 Member Posts: 12
edited December 2017 in Troubleshooting
Hi everyone:

Encountering a weird bug after the latest Win 10 upgrade. The cursor for BG II EE and Icewind Dale II are not available. It affects both the retail and beta versions. For some reason, it doesn't appear to impact BG EE.
Edit: Also impacting PST EE.

I have to believe this is related to a recent Win 10 upgrade; everything was working fine until then.

What's your recommendation on resolving this issue? Should I try reinstalling?

Comments

• dhansen5dhansen5 Member Posts: 12
    Was able to resolve by changing Hardware Mouse Cursor (BALDUR.INI and BALDUR.LUA) to 0. Never had to do this before, but it resolved the issue, but issue is resolved.

Open question - Can someone explain the difference between the BALDUR.INI file and the BALDUR.LUA file? My "Guess" is that one is for the retail version and one is for the beta version; would like to confirm (or clarify). Thanks!
    JuliusBorisovGusinda
  • ALIENALIEN Member Posts: 1,269
    @dhansen5 BALDUR.INI is for games below 2.0 patch. The .LUA is new config format used by 2.0 patch and later.
    JuliusBorisov
  • dhansen5dhansen5 Member Posts: 12
    Thanks for the explanation. That makes sense, and explains why when I only changed the ini file, I only fixed the IWD EE retail version (1.4). Everything else was 2.0 or higher.
    JuliusBorisov