Skip to content

Beastmaster tweak/change possible?

I should probably note that it's been years since I've played, so I've surely forgotten a few things lol

The beastmaster is imo very underwhelming (sadly), as he cannot use any metal weapons (and armor?), and the abilities he gets in return aren't really good enough to even the score. I can't help but wonder; what if he was given the ability to summon an animal, somewhat similar to the totemic animals, and in a somewhat similar fashion, would that that, in your oppinion, make or break the balance?

I don't know if I'm gonna start modding stuff again, I don't even know if it's going to be possible to create mods for, and on ipod, that being the platform I use. Is it possible that small tweaks like this are going to be made by the devs, or is that door closed for good?

Comments

• TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    The Beastmaster isn't going to be touched before release, and I can't guarantee if anything will be done to it post-release either.

You might have to rely on mods to get changes to it.
  • O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    The main issue with beastmasters is their equipment. If developers are going to add some useful non-metal items, then beastmasters might just become quite neat.
  • bbearbbear Member Posts: 1,180
    In bg2, beastmasters have access to club of detonation, staff of ram and the white dragon scale armor (valygar could wear it).
  • lockmundlockmund Member Posts: 354
    The beastmaster is decent, but IMHO there are some weapons options that should have been there from the start, I'm thinking about spear, dagger and maybe even axe and mace. I just don't see how crossbows and composite bows can be an option while these are excluded.