Skip to content

Undocumented Bug: Polymorphing and Casting spells.

Aelryn_BloodmoonAelryn_Bloodmoon Member Posts: 4
edited December 2017 in Technical Support
Step 1: Hot-key the spell you want to cast after you change shapes.
Step 2: Hot-key your polymorphing ability. (Any of them- wildshape, shifter, shapechange, polymorph self).
Step 3: Open inventory.
Step 4: Left click your hot-keyed spell- you will get a targeting indicator, even with personal spells that normally auto-cast.
Step 5: On your keyboard, press the corresponding hot-key for your shape-change form to transform. The part about on your keyboard is critical.
Step 6: You will still have a targeting indicator from your previously selected spell- that you can use to cast by left-clicking on a target while polymorphed.

You can run around using the drive keys (wasd) on the keyboard so that you can "hold" the spell until it's useful, whether it's chain lightning or timestop.

This works exactly once per polymorph, and the cast spell will not be spent from your spell slots when you return to your base form. (You may, however, lose spell slots from loss of stats due to item merging on polymorph).

This bug exists in the original NWN, but never saw documentation on the NWNWikia, so I'm guessing it's more than likely still lurking in the code. I don't have EE yet but I will later this month, if anyone would like to test and confirm in the meantime.

It is possible to skip step 3 when you know you won't want to cast an auto-target spell.