Skip to content

Another Trent Interview! (with RPGamer)

I love a good read;

http://www.rpgamer.com/games/dnd/bgenh/bgenhinterview.html

Seems there is a new in-depth tutorial. I suspect I'll play though that for the hell of it too.

Comments

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,316
    I wonder which movies they cut? Maybe the night - day video? Beregost?
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    I'm really happy to see some online promotion going on. Selling the game to old fans and new players alike is going to be very important to the success of the whole enterprise.
  • CuvCuv Member, Developer Posts: 2,535
    Good interview!
  • Kristie83Kristie83 Member Posts: 259
    Thanks a lot for sharing this link with us!
  • loganultimaloganultima Member Posts: 109
    Indeed.
  • LordsDarkKnight185LordsDarkKnight185 Member Posts: 615
    elminster said:

I bet he cut the death video, i distinctly remember him stating how frustrating that video was, after seeing it so often >.>;
  • EleutherosEleutheros Member Posts: 70
    But regarding multiplayer... Does this mean that you have to be connected to the same router (wifi/LAN) or can you play with a friend somewhere else?
  • LordsDarkKnight185LordsDarkKnight185 Member Posts: 615

But regarding multiplayer... Does this mean that you have to be connected to the same router (wifi/LAN) or can you play with a friend somewhere else?

You can play with anyone anywhere, but for ship you will need to put in their IP address in order to connect to them

Post-ship they will be coming up with a match-making feature to connect more easily to other people.
  • RisingsunRisingsun Member Posts: 99
    Great interview. Refresh my memory, how many portraits are in the Manly pack and how many voice sets are there?

I think I remember hearing either 10 or 20 portraits and 6 or more voice sets?
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    @Risingsun

The Manley pack is 10 portraits. The voice set has 6 voice sets (3 male, 3 female).
  • RisingsunRisingsun Member Posts: 99
    @tanthalas

Ok thanks. I remember talk about a second pack coming down the pipes. Hmm, now I'm wondering if you use one of the new portraits for your character in BGEE, when you import them into BG2EE, the entire Manly pack will have to be in BG2EE to support that.

• TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    edited November 2012
    @Risingsun

I imagine that they could just let you select a portrait when importing your character into BG2 if they really want to prevent that issue.

EDIT: Or importing your character already brings the portrait along.
  • KilivitzKilivitz Member Posts: 1,459
    edited November 2012
    elminster said:

I guess he was talking about the intro movies for certain areas - Beregost, Nashkel, the Gnoll stronghold, Durlag's Tower, the Wyvern area of Cloakwood - they are interesting, but would probably end up looking too dated in comparison to the new cinematics.