Skip to content

mod installers

is there anyone who knows how to make the custom mod installers (like the one for the combined shadowlords dreamcatcher and demon mods) work in NWN EE?

Comments

• TarotRedhandTarotRedhand Member Posts: 1,481
    You mean something like this -

Neverwinter Nights Mod Installer Tool - NIT

I believe it is in the process of being updated to work with EE.

TR
  • NightmysteNightmyste Member Posts: 10
    edited December 2017
    not certain but the mod series i mentioned has its own installer which complains about NWN registries being missing (running nwn.exe or nwnupdate.exe will fix them)
    sadly, I do not have a launcher and can't find one, nor do we have the nwnupdate in the file registry

also a bit off topic,but i can't play the intro movies for the same mod series as they are .bic files and the game wants .wmb how does one solve this
  • TarotRedhandTarotRedhand Member Posts: 1,481
    If the modules you want are in an installer then there is a good chance that you can get at them using 7zip. The way to try this would be to right click on the installer and select "open archive". If this works 7zip will open its client and you will be able to extract the files that you want. Not knowing the precise module series in question I can only say that the files that you need will have extensions of .mod, .hak and possibly .tlk.

Once extracted they need to into the relevant folders in your documents/neverwinternights folder.

As to the movies, bic files contain PC data. I think you mean bik. You need to use a video converter. See this thread,

TR
  • NightmysteNightmyste Member Posts: 10
    that seems to have worked
    thanks for the help