Skip to content

Request: Classes and Races

Hey there,

Long time buyer of enhanced editions. Thoroughly enjoyed Siege of Dragonspear and Planescape's EE especially. Neverwinter is actually the very first RPG I ever played, so was over the moon (although I'd love it if you guys got the script for Icewind Dale 2, but doubt I'm the only one there).

First off sorry if this request is made elsewhere - I'm busy Christmas wrapping but wanted to type this whilst I remember (if it has been asked elsewhere, sorry! and feel free to merge the request with that post).

To me, Neverwinter Nights 2 offered little over the first game (not counting Mask of the Betrayer of course. That xpac was amazing). What it did offer imo was my favourite class - favoured soul. I love clerics, but having a favoured weapon of your deity, added resistances and flexible casting was worth the domain trade off for a fighter. buffer class.

My requests therefore are:

Favoured soul: class
Shaman/ spirit shaman: class (not wanting to sound mean, but something closer to what Mask of the Betrayer offered than what you did in Siege of Dragonspear. I loved spirit shammies almost as much as favoured souls).
War priest: prestige class
Stormlord: prestige class (yeah I know, I love priest-type classes. Wouldn't say no to Red Wizard of Thay or Arcane Scholar of Candlekeep. Neverwinter 2 just had some classes I loved).

Aasimar: race (as they were in Icewind Dale 2 I don't think its too far fetched. Would be fine with the level adjustment. I guess tiefling and genasi would work too as a full planetouched set).

Cheers,

Lesse

Comments

• AncarionAncarion Member Posts: 155
    If they do add new classes, I would really like them to avoid any that are specific to the Forgotten Realms, or at least an easier way to change their name/description than having to edit the main tlk. It's bad enough for those who really don't like FR to be stuck with Champion of Torm, Harper Scout, and Purple Dragon Knight. I understand WotC has some bizarre attachment to FR, but I really hope that the many other settings in D&D aren't given the short shrift again.
  • FreshLemonBunFreshLemonBun Member Posts: 909
    Wizards of the Coast published around a thousand official classes so there is certainly a lot to draw on but I think Beamdog is limited in what Wizards of the Coast gives permission to do.

There are also director's cut versions of various rules and classes by ex Wizards of the Coast designers that they published under their own brand. Some that come to mind are Monte Cook's sorcerer and bard, and Bruce Cordell's improved psionic classes.

Since they loaned Planescape and Dark Sun licenses out I think online groups released their versions as free pdf, and Ravenloft was developed by White Wolf.

In total with all third party content there's possibly over 5000 classes out there.
  • MateoFrozenMateoFrozen Member Posts: 82
    To tell te truth when i hear that Beamdog will ee NVN i was sure that they add shaman class.