Skip to content

Romance Bug?

Hello everyone! First time posting, but been a lurker for a little while!

Been playing through BGII:EE and really enjoying the game so far (continuing the same save file from BG1:EE and SoD). I'm on chapter 2, recruiting all the companions and doing their quests. But I've run into a bit of a snag with the romance stuff. I've decided to romance Neera (which I started in BG1:EE and carried through SoD). I've also been having talks with Jaheira (but trying to keep things "friends only", as I do want to learn more about her backstory). With Neera, the last lovetalk (I believe thats what they're called in Infinity, right?) was her asking what she thought of her being 'headstrong' (to which I responded that she wasn't, just "Neera").

Shortly after, Neera picked up on Jaheira and made me pick between the two. I chose Neera. Part of the dialogue choice was to have a private conversation with Jaheira about it. Haven't heard anything at all since from either character. Its been several days in game as well. I checked the global stats via the console (CharacterRomanceActive is set to 3 for both Neera and Jaheira). From reading around on this forum, as I understand it, '3' means the romance is dead. Is this normal or did it bug out? I don't understand why that would kill the Neera romance, if it didn't bug out.

If the latter, is there a way to fix this without having to restart the whole game? Thanks!

Comments

• BorekBorek Member Posts: 513
    You should be able to console the Romance back to active, just set it to a value of 1 for Neera.

C:SetGlobal("NeeraRomanceActive","Global",1)

May need to enter the command twice, after that try:

C:SetGlobal("NeeraRomance","Global",1)

If it's worked then the 2nd command should trigger Neera's next romance dialogue, not sure if it will reset to the beginning or not, but if it does you can always use the 2nd command to speed it up.

Note you can change the NPC name and apply the same commands to anyone else, but w/o multiple romance mod you're limited to 1 at a time and you will likely need to set it back to 3 (or 0) before moving to the next NPC.