Skip to content

Baldurs Gate Heal/Hurt :D (ROUND 36 START!)

Comments

• LadyEibhilinRhettLadyEibhilinRhett Member Posts: 1,078
    This is taking much longer to deal with than I thought due to these, ah, perplexing results. I really need to get to work on my schoolwork. Please help me out by suggesting god powers for those three, I really can't think of any that would apply to the current roster and still be balanced.
    I am going to go and finish my project, which is due tomorrow. When I get back, maybe I will be able to post the results, if this block on my mind is gone.
  • XivirielXiviriel Member Posts: 166
    edited December 2012
    Viconia GP: For SHAR! +2 to Baeloth her drow ally
    Edwin GP: I cant think up a name but +2 to xzar his fellow evil mage
    Imoen GP: Deny her true heritage: -2 to Bhaal
    Accept her true heritage: +2 to Bhaal

Also dont spoil the black pits for yourself. Just know that Baeloth is an evil drow mage who is very charismatic but quick to anger. He rellies heavily on support from his djjin (I cant spell, sorry) who doesnt like him but has to obey.
  • MadhaxMadhax Member Posts: 1,416
    Edwin: I do not understand this... 'mouse magic' : -1 to other magic-users, -1 to a resurrection vote for Minsc.

Too bad Boo is chunked already, that may not work.
  • Talin_SilverbaneTalin_Silverbane Member Posts: 34
    Victonia GP: Foolish jaluk!: -1 to all male characters
    Edwin GP: Give ME 2000 years and a pointy hat and I'll kick his arse!: -2 to all magic users.
    Imoen GP: Deny her true heritage: -2 to Bhaal
    Accept her true heritage: +2 to Bhaal (Yeah same as Xiviriel's, think that a good idea for Immy)
  • SornSorn Member Posts: 41
    Edwin GP: Nether scroll! -1 to all male characters, +1 to all female characters.
    edited December 2012
    OKAY! That's just about enough stalling out of me, huh? I'd best get my act together instead of holding this up and sulking and shit! Being the resident killjoy is Xan's job! ...Or was, because he's dead now, but I'm sure you all totes get the idea.

Photobucket

*cough*

TURN UNDEAD.

...Um.

Where was I?

Oh yeah.

ROUND 20!

HAER'DALIS makes his own contribution to increasing overall entropy by kicking the bucket!

BAELOTH THE ENTERTAINER steps into the arena, and this time, he's totes a combatant! The crowd goes wild!

IMOEN goes into SLAYER MODE!

VICONIA goes into SLAYER MODE!

EDWIN goes into SLAYER MODE!

Character: ------------HP ------Change ----Slayer Mode?
    Imoen----------------26--------(+14)----------Yes
    Viconia ---------------20--------(+2)-----------Yes
    Edwin ----------------20--------(+4)-----------Yes
    Xzar -----------------14--------(-1)-----------No
    Tiax -----------------15--------(+1)----------No
    Jan Jansen-------------17--------(-1)----------No
    Cespenar -------------14--------(-2)----------No
    Bhaal ----------------4---------(-6)----------No
    Baeloth (newcomer)----10----------------------No

The Dead: Jaheira, Ellesime, Anomen, Melissan, Elminster, Aerie, Minsc, Cernd, Valygar, Noober, Lilarcor, Nalia, Saemon Havarian, Bodhi, Irenicus, Kivan, SAREVOK, Xan, Haer'Dalis

The Chunked: Boo

RULES FOR THIS ROUND!

1. 1 HEAL, 1 HURT: You only get one heal and one hurt this round. I've noticed some crazy imbalance going on since there are fewer combatants now, we're going to try cutting back to see if that rebalances the game. Just to see which works better. We may go back to the 2 heals 2 hurts if it doesnt work out.

2. RESURRECT: The death toll has reached 20, so it's time for another Resurrect round! Since during the lategame it is more crucial for characters to be added at specifically scheduled times to make sure the game lasts as long as it should, one character WILL be resurrected this round. 'None' is no longer a valid vote for Add or Resurrect, since I need a certain number of characters to work with until the final showdown. Speaking of which, Add rounds will now take place during any round of a number divisible by four.

3. ADD: One character will be added this round.

4. GOD POWERS:

IMOEN'S GOD POWERS:

1. INNOCENCE: -2 to Bhaal

2. EMBRACING THE TAINT: +2 to Bhaal

VICONIA'S GOD POWERS:

1. SHAR GUIDES MY HAND: -1 to Tiax and Bhaal

2. DAMN THOSE DARTHIIR, PART DEUX: -1 vote to resurrect either Xan, Kivan, or Aerie in the next Resurrect round after this one. Which one it is will be decided by a virtual d3 roll using the online D&D dice roller. If the one rolled is resurrected this round, he or she will be resurrected with 8 HP instead of 10 and then a coin flip will be used to determine the individual the -1 will go to.

EDWIN'S GOD POWERS:

1. I DO NOT UNDERSTAND THIS 'MOUSE MAGIC': Upon seeing Boo's vote magically appear this round, Edwin will take precautions to ensure this travesty does not happen again. -1 vote to resurrect Minsc next Resurrect round after this one. If Minsc is resurrected this round and this god power is chosen, then he will resurrect, but at 8 HP instead of 10.

2. MAGICAL RIVALS: -1 to all other arcane spellcasters.

ROUND 20 START!

As always, I will begin the round.

HEAL: Cespenar

HURT: Bhaal

RESURRECT: Xan

ADD: Alora

GP (IMOEN): INNOCENCE

GP (VICONIA): SHAR GUIDES MY HAND

GP (EDWIN): MAGICAL RIVALS

Post edited by LadyEibhilinRhett on
  • AraminaAramina Member Posts: 64
    HEAL: Bhaal
    HURT: Jan Jansen
    RESURRECT: Elminster (would pick Anomen, but looking through this topic I must be one of 3 people on the forum who actually likes him -_-)
    ADD: Keldorn
    GP (Imoen): Embracing the Taint
    GP (Viconia): Can't remember what the rules say about voting for none, hopefully it is allowed.
    GP (Edwin): Magical Rivals
    @Aramina

Yes, voting none for god powers is allowed.

Also, as much as I insult the guy, Anomen is actually p. adorable once you get used to him.
  • LordsDarkKnight185LordsDarkKnight185 Member Posts: 615

@Aramina

Also, as much as I insult the guy, Anomen is actually p. adorable once you get used to him.

*Smacks hand* NO! BAD! we do NOT call sexist pigs adorable.
    edited December 2012
    Aww, but he's just a confused young man who totes has the potential to be better. Besides, he's also great to keep around because it's hilarious when the others make fun of him. Remember Jan's tale about "Ano the Orc"?
    edited December 2012

@Aramina

*Smacks hand* NO! BAD! we do NOT call sexist pigs adorable.
    Haha, I do like the guy...just later on in his character development. His lines in ToB especially. It's just getting to that point that makes me want to send him naked to fight Firkraag while my char eats popcorn. I don't know what the original devs were thinking if they thought having to babysit a guy is at all attractive -_- That and having to forgive him for yelling at you, what, every other conversation?

@LadyEibhilinRhett He's amazing in a party if you have him specced to use the FoA or Crom Faeyr. I usually ran with him and Keldorn in my party...Crom/FoA + Carsomyr is pretty much easy mode.

Aww, but he's just a confused young man who totes has the potential to be better. Besides, I never saw him being sexist. .-c. then again, I did not have him on my party for all that long.

You would have to try the romance with him to see just how much of a "chivalrous" (Read condescending chauvinistic jackass)
    I mean, I understand fairy-tale "Knight in shining armor" bullshit, but you literally cannot continue the romance without putting up with it and kissing his ass.
    edited December 2012

Aww, but he's just a confused young man who totes has the potential to be better. Besides, I never saw him being sexist. .-c. then again, I did not have him on my party for all that long.

You would have to try the romance with him to see just how much of a "chivalrous" (Read condescending chauvinistic jackass)
    I mean, I understand fairy-tale "Knight in shining armor" bullshit, but you literally cannot continue the romance without putting up with it and kissing his ass.
    You're actually comparing him to a knight in shining armor? O_o Err....I guess the stories don't tell you the knights are PMSing 24/7.

I also love how once he sleeps with your char in SoA he never talks to you again in the vanilla game. I never played the elven trio romances, but I heard all of them have at least a line or two afterwards. I guess guys really are after only one thing :D

Heal: Xzar
    Hurt: Cespenar
    Resurrect: Xan
    Add: Alora
    GP (IMOEN): INNOCENCE
    GP (VICONIA): SHAR GUIDES MY HAND
    GP (EDWIN): NONE

Um. I changed the post. Because I remembered the playthrough where I romanced him.

I just sort of want to pat him on the head and go okay that's nice shut up now all right?

Now let me be your babysitter. This is a Bioware romance, so it's totes in the job description.
    @LadyEibhilinRhett Garrus didn't need babysitting! But then he was only added as an option because of fan request...so does that count as a Bioware romance?

But apart from him, the romance options for straight women are all so nauseatingly needy. Why do the men get all the good choices? -_- Or are theirs just as bad?
    Aramina said:

@LadyEibhilinRhett Garrus didn't need babysitting! But then he was only added as an option because of fan request...so does that count as a Bioware romance?

But apart from him, the romance options for straight women are all so nauseatingly needy. Why do the men get all the good choices? -_- Or are theirs just as bad?

<.<; Aerie is pretty damn needy. Jaheira is jaheira. I never do evil parties so i never tried Viconia's
    edited December 2012
    Aramina said:

that's because he's Garrus. Garrus is awesome.

Also, if you are doubting the guys get bad choices? Two words: Aerie romance.

I know about it because in one of my playthroughs a temporary gender change wild surge triggered it and she kept trying to romance my female bhaalspawn even after the change wore off. No. Just, no.

Aramina said:

that's because he's Garrus. Garrus is awesome.

Also, if you are doubting the guys get bad choices? Two words: Aerie romance.

I know about it because in one of my playthroughs a temporary gender change wild surge triggered it and she kept trying to romance my female bhaalspawn even after the change wore off. No. Just, no.
    Oooh yeah, forgot about that one. Her only saving grace is that you're not stuck with her as the only option in the vanilla game.

Then guys also get Anders and Fenris, so I feel a little bad for them :P
    @aramina
    The viconia romance is pretty bad too. She is just so mean and bossy, although I guess some guys are into that.... Its kinda like the Shar-Teal romance in BG 1 NPC project.
  • SenashSenash Member Posts: 405
    HEAL: Bhaal
    HURT: Xzar
    RESSURECT: Xan
    ADD: Keldorn
    GP(Imoen): Embracing the taint
    GP(Viconia): Damn those darthiir, part deux
    GP(Edwin): Magic Rivals
  • toanwrathtoanwrath Member Posts: 621
    edited December 2012
    The Viconia romance is awesome once you get to ToB. I won't spoil it, but from what I remember it is the only romance that actually feels fun. Jaheira is just too mopey, Aerie and Anomen need babysitters.

Also, @LadyEibhilinRhett thank you for saying totes so much, it makes me feel like my everyday vocabulary isn't foreign to the universe :D

Heal: Cespenar
    Hurt: Tiax
    Resurrect: Lilarcor
    Add: Gorion
    GPs: none of the above

EDIT: Also, in terms of mods, Tyris Flare wins best romance for me.
    EDIT: Changed Add vote to Gorion: unfortunately, Minister Llyod stands no chance.
    Post edited by toanwrath on
    @toanwrath

You are totes welcome.
  • THACJoeTHACJoe Member Posts: 16
    Heal: Bhaal
    Hurt: Baeloth
    Resurrect: Noober
    Add: Gorion
    GP(Imoen): Taint
    GP(Viconia): none
    GP(Edwin): Rivals
  • SornSorn Member Posts: 41
    Hurt: Baeloth
    Add: Biff the Understudy!
    GP, Imoen: Innocence
    GP, Viconia: Damn those Darthir!
    GP, Edwin: I do not understand this "Mouse Magic"
  • SullaSulla Member Posts: 72
    Heal: none
    Hurt: Jan Jansen
    Resurrect: Bodhi
    Add: Phaere
    Imoen: Innocence
    Viconia: Damn those darthiir part deux
    Edwin: I do not understand this mouse magic
  • mch202mch202 Member Posts: 1,455

Hurt: Tiax

Add: Nexlit the Xvart ( I wonder to where all his fans disappeared... )

GP Imoen: Innocence

GP Viconia: Shar Guides My Hand
    ...Tactically changing my add vote to Alora.
  • HEAL: None
    RESURRECT: Haer'Dalis
    ADD: Biff the Understudy
    GP (Imoen): Innocence
    (Viconia): Shar guide my hand
    GP (Edwin): None
  • IchigoRXCIchigoRXC Member Posts: 1,001
    HEAL: Tiax
    RESURRECT: Xan
    ADD: Alora