Skip to content

Proper deleveling

I'm not sure if this has been addressed already with the Enhanced Edition, but in the past when you subtracted XP from certain characters (off the top of my head, Red Dragon Disciple comes to mind), they would not properly rollback the level gained attributes. I believe there may have been other bugs with it as well.

Can we have this addressed? It causes problems with 'Enforce Legal Characters' and the like.

Comments

• GlassmelterGlassmelter Member Posts: 38
    I agree, it would be great to have this addressed. I don't know if the system currently tracks what selections a player makes each time they level their character, but if it doesn't, it should so that it can properly remove them when the levels are taken away. It should be able to remove the levels of the correct class, any feats taken, skill points allocated, spells learned, familiar levels, and attribute points spent.

Having standard functions in the toolset to remove X levels and to remove all levels above level 1 from a character would be nice, too.
  • RifleLeroyRifleLeroy Member Posts: 77
    edited December 2017
    Rifkin said:

I'm not sure if this has been addressed already with the Enhanced Edition, but in the past when you subtracted XP from certain characters (off the top of my head, Red Dragon Disciple comes to mind), they would not properly rollback the level gained attributes. I believe there may have been other bugs with it as well.

Can we have this addressed? It causes problems with 'Enforce Legal Characters' and the like.

Indeed,this is a very serious issue.Beamdog ,pls fix it.
  • shadguyshadguy Member Posts: 154
    Agree. We have a "fountain of youth" quest players can undertake to rebuild their characters for a small price (10% of starting XP). Anyone with RDD levels is banned from participating so they don't become illegal on their next login. I am not away of other affected classes.

-Dave
  • RifkinRifkin Member Posts: 141
    Any chance we will get this on the trello board? As a bug/actual issue I feel like the priority of this might be a little higher than enhancements.