Skip to content

Neverwinter Nights Mod Installer

BearderrificBearderrific Member Posts: 1
edited December 2017 in General Discussions NWN:EE
EDIT: I just hit "New Discussion" and the only related option was "Troubleshooting" for posting. If this is in the wrong place, please move.

Hello,

I am trying to get the NWN Mod Installer Tool (found on The Neverwinter Vault) working with my Beamdog version of Neverwinter Nights.

Here is the issue:

When I'm trying to specify the Neverwinter Nights location (the folder in which Neverwinter Nights is installed), I cannot seem to find the correct path, and get the error "This is not the Neverwinter Nights installation directory". So, where is the correct folder where Neverwinter Nights is installed?

I've tried every path / folder that would make sense in a folder Beamdog created named "00829", where the Neverwinter Nights installation was saved.

" \00829\bin\win32 " (which has the nwmain, nwserver, and toolset applications) doesn't work.

I've also tried my " \Documents\Neverwinter Nights " folder.

I can get this working perfectly with GOG's Diamond Edition download, but not Beamdog's. (Before installing Beamdog's NWN:EE, I uninstalled the GOG NWN:DE version and removed all related files).

In the GOG files format, all you have to do is specify "NWN Diamond" (the folder where everything is saved) as the path and it works.
Post edited by Bearderrific on

Comments

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Yea there isn't any great place at the moment to stick this kind of a thread. Especially since it has more to do with a modding tool. The "Tools and Pluggin Developers" section might be the best place but it looks like basically no one goes there.

Anyways, not sure I can be of any help. But hopefully with this being in the general NWN section it gets attention.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited December 2017
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • TarotRedhandTarotRedhand Member Posts: 1,481
    edited December 2017
    The next version of NIT will be EE compatible. It is currently being worked on and appears to be almost ready to ship. The development thread for version 5 is here.

TR