Skip to content

Comments

• BytebrainBytebrain Member Posts: 602
    edited November 2012
    I'm bumping this thread, as I think it got lost in yesterday's pre-loading malarkey.
    There's some very interesting info on the iPad version in this interview.
  • AscerionAscerion Member Posts: 271
    Thank you for the link. Small snip from Trent:

"We [have built] a small company that is fun to work at and each person can make a real mark on the game we are developing. When the teams get up into the hundreds you really lose the personal connection with a title and I think that personal connection is what makes some games truly great."

Comments like these renew my faith in the (small) gaming industry. Amazing.
    Ascerion said:

"We [have built] a small company that is fun to work at and each person can make a real mark on the game we are developing. When the teams get up into the hundreds you really lose the personal connection with a title and I think that personal connection is what makes some games truly great."

Yeah, that's true.
    In the last two years, the only pc game I've played have been Grimrock, another indie RPG.

Though it's a very different type of RPG as it takes it's inspiration from Dungeon Master, the developers enthusiasm and commitment to their vision is a joy to behold.
    Also an absolutely awesome game.

I'm so happy that this trend seems to continue.
    I'm sooo looking forward to Nov.28.
  • AristilliusAristillius Member Posts: 873
    Not least nice info for us Androiders. Seems that they wish to make the game playable for a wide range of tablets... Hmm, I thought most android tablets were well on par with 1 gen Ipad, but I think i read that they had to make some changes to make it work on 1st gen as well. Cant wait!

Not least nice info for us Androiders. Seems that they wish to make the game playable for a wide range of tablets... Hmm, I thought most android tablets were well on par with 1 gen Ipad, but I think i read that they had to make some changes to make it work on 1st gen as well. Cant wait!

I think the problems they've been having with Android have more to do with the incredible variety of different devices with different specs, screen sizes and operating systems.

They've been having some problems with the iPad 1 too, as it's not nearly as powerful as the later generations, and they've had to cut some of the visual improvements on it.

But I'm sure it'll be released on android sooner rather than later.
  • AristilliusAristillius Member Posts: 873
    Yeah, youre probably right @Bytebrain
  • Oxford_GuyOxford_Guy Member Posts: 3,729
    Bytebrain said:

Ascerion said:

Yeah, that's true.
    In the last two years, the only pc game I've played have been Grimrock, another indie RPG.

Though it's a very different type of RPG as it takes it's inspiration from Dungeon Master, the developers enthusiasm and commitment to their vision is a joy to behold.
    Also an absolutely awesome game.

It's not bad, though is ridiculous the way strength is more important than dex for bows!

@Oxford_Guy
    True, but the Devs had a reason for that particular decision. But I'll be damned if I can recall why - don't have time to search their forums ATM.

Still, it's a great game, and the bonus for us all is the rise of developers like Almost Human/Overhaul & Beamdog and the RPG Kickstarter projects. :-)
  • Kang54Kang54 Member Posts: 58
    Nice interview. I like that they've added a quicksave button to the iPad. It sounds like it's going to be a great experience on the tablets.
  • lordkimlordkim Member Posts: 1,063
    I have to say, i rather play it on a big screen than the iPad. :O)
  • ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    edited November 2012
    I don't think I'd be fully satisfied with anything but a desktop PC version either, but if they're releasing it on several platforms it's good that they attempt to create an experience that lives up to the BG potential on each one.
    I'm probably gonna play mostly on my iPad.
    It's just nice to be able to sprawl and stretch on my couch while playing the best RPG ever.
    A glass of good single malt and Baldur's Gate is an unbeatable combo... :-)