Skip to content

Editing Base Races/Classes?

voidofopinionvoidofopinion Member, Moderator Posts: 1,248
edited December 2017 in Builders - Toolset
I remember it being a PITA to add new races/classes and something about the game only loading certain files in character creation before loading the persistent world. However, I am wondering if it is possible to rewrite the description/name of the base races and classes and what the best way to go about that is?

I was hoping to remove all the fantasy races from character creation and replace them with human tribes with all the same bonuses/feats etc.

Is this possible without a lot of headache or should I wait for them to better integrate sub races?
Post edited by voidofopinion on

Comments

• shadguyshadguy Member Posts: 154
    They've already changed the NWN:EE engine to preload 2das before character creation. I haven't tested it myself but it sounds from forum chatter as though others have. Anyway, dealing with custom races/base classes/etc should be more graceful under NWN:EE.

You may wish to refer to the initial NWN:EE patch notes here: https://www.beamdog.com/files/nwnee_release_notes.pdf .Specifically, see page 4 of 5, on the left column, the 5th bullet point from the bottom.

-Dave
    voidofopinionKenjidunahan
  • voidofopinionvoidofopinion Member, Moderator Posts: 1,248
    edited December 2017
    Thank you so much for the heads up Dave!

So I should be good to just edit Racialtypes.2da, add a custom TLK and big bam boom, cofuse everyone who logs into the server as to why they can't play an elf!

;)

- Jamie
  • MadHatterMadHatter Member Posts: 145
    Base classes are a go.

Base races are still limited by the fixed char creation UI. It has 7 buttons for races so new base races have to be replacements if you want to use the UI.

Obviously there are tried and true workarounds to that.
  • shadguyshadguy Member Posts: 154
    MadHatter,

Thank you for the clarification/correction!

-Dave
    MadHatter
  • ShadowMShadowM Member Posts: 573
    Grab the classes.2da and racialtypes.2da and tlk editor bring this over to the Custom content forum for more help.
  • voidofopinionvoidofopinion Member, Moderator Posts: 1,248
    edited December 2017
    Thank you guys for all the help and the confirmation that this is all easily doable!

It's fantastic to know the 7 button thing. I hadn't even considered UI limitations yet but I think 7 buttons for 7 races is a great name for a Rodgers and Hammerstein musical!

I'm going to take a poke at this and will report on the custom content forum of my success/failure!
  • SherincallSherincall Member Posts: 387
    FYI, this was asked in one of the previous streams, and Trent has somewhat committed to it:

Down the road, we’re planning to change the race selection at the character creation from the static options to a dynamic list.

http://blog.beamdog.com/2017/12/december-8-livestream-recap.html
    shadguyRutgerMaFer