Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Dark Dreams of Furiae - a new module for NWN:EE! Buy now
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

Adding Kit Effects

Hello!
Just got back to the game after a long break. Am currently messing around with a Wild Mage/Fighter dual and was wondering if there is a possibility to add the kit effects from wizard slayer onto this characater once he duals over to fighter?
From my testing i can get it to work for specific levels, lets say 1-6, but i cant get it to work so that i get the increased Magic Resistance to scale as i level up, anyone have any idea if that is possible or will i have to go in and add it everytime i level up?

Comments

• PantalionPantalion Member Posts: 2,137
    Try switching the kit to Wizard Slayer? Your mage half will be functionally identical as a Wizard Slayer or a Wild Mage.

• Lord_TansheronLord_Tansheron Member Posts: 4,198
    I assume you've been doing this with EEKeeper? There are limits to what EEKeeper can do, especially when it comes to regularly updated effects such as per-level bonuses (these are usually separate affect flags for each level, rather than one scaling effect). You can still change these with a more powerful editor like NearInfinity, though. It's a lot more complicated to use, but if you're into editing your game at that level regularly it may be worth getting into.

• Contemplative_HamsterContemplative_Hamster Member Posts: 844
    edited December 2017

Hello!
    Just got back to the game after a long break. Am currently messing around with a Wild Mage/Fighter dual and was wondering if there is a possibility to add the kit effects from wizard slayer onto this characater once he duals over to fighter?
    From my testing i can get it to work for specific levels, lets say 1-6, but i cant get it to work so that i get the increased Magic Resistance to scale as i level up, anyone have any idea if that is possible or will i have to go in and add it everytime i level up?

There is a mod by Kjeron in the UI MODDING section that allows you to add a kit to your new class as a dual-class character. Naybe that will help. Go check it out:

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/66521/enable-dual-classing-into-kits#latest