Skip to content

How to use Retina resolutions (Mac)?

One of the supposed features of NWN:EE is support for Hi-Resolution displays. I either seem to be missing some hidden switch here or it simply does not work on a Mac.

In my case (trying with different Retina MacBook Pros), the game always operates in a scaled-up mode (pixels are duplicated horizontally and vertically). I am offered a couple of Hi-Resolution options in the configuration screen, but if I select one, the window will simply grow larger than my screen. Doesn't work in full-screen mode either.

Interestingly, the Retina-Support in BG:EE et al was top-notch. These games also included gesture support which is also missing from NWN:EE.

So either this is not working as intended or I am missing a hidden switch somewhere?

Comments

• DrHappyAngryDrHappyAngry Member Posts: 1,577
    This probably belongs in Tech Support. If the UI scaling isn't working for you, check and see if there's a ticket on redmine for it https://support.baldursgate.com/projects/nwn-ee-public-bugs/issues, and if not file one. I know it's busted on Linux, but in a different way. Also keep in mind you're in head start, you're an alpha tester, this won't have the quality of the other EEs for awhile. You are looking under Video Options >> Resolution and UI scaling >> New UI Scaling, right? I know full screen support's not working right on Linux, so maybe it's the same on mac.