Skip to content

Custom music in NWN:EE???

There isn't music folder in new nwn user's folder and adding it manually and put something in it doesn't seem to work.

How are we supposed to use custom music in our modules?

Comments

• ShadowMShadowM Member Posts: 573
    That weird I got a music folder, remember you have to edit ambientmusic.2da to add your music. I made custom music.2da /conversation that let you select the music in my base.
  • SymphonySymphony Member, Developer Posts: 142
    @ShadowM Have you been able to get that to work in NWN 1.74?

Shadooow was attempting to alter only the main menu music using the /documents/music folder, and I was able to reproduce the inability to "Swap" the main menu music with a different music file of the same name in /music.

Like Shadooow, I was able to swap the music by using the install directory's /mus folder.

In game music has not been tested by either of us yet, I think.
  • ShadowMShadowM Member Posts: 573
    edited December 2017
    Ah I did not know you were talking main menu music. Well the core install music folder more than likely loading it files first and the engine looking for user/music folder for in-game music. Have to suggest they let us treat the music folder as an override of standard music or the override folder. Yes, I tested it and you both right.
    Post edited by ShadowM on
  • Dark_AnsemDark_Ansem Member Posts: 992
    And now I can't even get the new music to appear in the editor. At least I can try whether replacing or not works.