Skip to content

New bandit encounter?

I was returning to Elhan after destroying Bodhi when I came across these "brigands" with nobleman sprites who turned into clones of my party members. I was in a hurry and had to reload, but I could not reproduce this encounter again. I believe one of the brigands referred to my PC as the "fabled Charname whose deeds are known throughout the Sword Coast" or something like that (I was skipping). I think there was even a journal entry.

What's this about?

Comments

• BorekBorek Member Posts: 513
    Yeah it's a random encounter i've had a few times myself, unsure what the criteria are for when/if it happens, but they are Doppelgangers that clone the party. Since it doesn't seem to happen every playthrough i assume it's at least somewhat random since i do tend to follow a completionist methodology, tackling quests/areas in specific order with small variances based on my Spawn choice.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Huh, I've never seen that encounter. Gonna make sure to trigger on my next playthrough.
  • JoenSoJoenSo Member Posts: 910
    I love that encounter because it’s just so mysterious and confusing. The first time I had it was directly after clearing the mindflayer lair in the sewers. Don’t know if they are actually connected but they are in my head canon.
  • NoonNoon Member Posts: 202
    I just checked and they are indeed Rakshasas. creature files are RERAK01 to 06 if someone is interested.
  • brunardobrunardo Member Posts: 526
    Never ran into this for the reasons above but may need to get waylaid to try this encounter!