Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition has been released! Visit nwn.beamdog.com to make an order. NWN:EE FAQ is available.
Soundtracks for BG:EE, SoD, BG2:EE, IWD:EE, PST:EE are now available in the Beamdog store.
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

New bandit encounter?

I was returning to Elhan after destroying Bodhi when I came across these "brigands" with nobleman sprites who turned into clones of my party members. I was in a hurry and had to reload, but I could not reproduce this encounter again. I believe one of the brigands referred to my PC as the "fabled Charname whose deeds are known throughout the Sword Coast" or something like that (I was skipping). I think there was even a journal entry.

What's this about?

ThacoBell

Comments

• BorekBorek Member Posts: 351
    Yeah it's a random encounter i've had a few times myself, unsure what the criteria are for when/if it happens, but they are Doppelgangers that clone the party. Since it doesn't seem to happen every playthrough i assume it's at least somewhat random since i do tend to follow a completionist methodology, tackling quests/areas in specific order with small variances based on my Spawn choice.

• ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 5,807
    Huh, I've never seen that encounter. Gonna make sure to trigger on my next playthrough.

• JoenSoJoenSo Member Posts: 604
    I love that encounter because it’s just so mysterious and confusing. The first time I had it was directly after clearing the mindflayer lair in the sewers. Don’t know if they are actually connected but they are in my head canon.

• NoonNoon Member Posts: 175
    I just checked and they are indeed Rakshasas. creature files are RERAK01 to 06 if someone is interested.

brunardoBorekjoluv
  • brunardobrunardo Member Posts: 480
    Never ran into this for the reasons above but may need to get waylaid to try this encounter!