Skip to content

Do you use Whispers of Silence in SoD?

I have two Whispers of Silence (at least one was carried over from BG1) and looking to raise a little more cash prior to leaving BG, so I'm wondering if anyone out there has much use for them in the rest of SoD? It seems like the sort of thing that might be more useful against the more powerful enemies in BG2 than SoD.

I didn't use Stealth much in BG1, although I've read some people saying that having a good scout can be extremely useful at times -- perhaps I should try it a few times. How do you guys tend to play it?

Comments

• RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    Unless you have Sword Coast Stratagems installed, it won't really be useful. You can keep one in your inventory for scouting areas, leaving it on a character is a waste of slot IMHO.
    JuliusBorisov
  • NervaNerva Member Posts: 133
    Are you saying that with SCS installed, there is reason to keep more than one WoS, or are you saying that with SCS installed there's reason to keep one and if you don't have SCS then there's no reason to keep any?

Also, are there spells or better items that serve the same function?
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    Nerva said:

Are you saying that with SCS installed, there is reason to keep more than one WoS, or are you saying that with SCS installed there's reason to keep one and if you don't have SCS then there's no reason to keep any?

Also, are there spells or better items that serve the same function?

With SCS you'll need one for certain. Two if you want to backstab-abuse some wizards, but it's not mandatory.

IIRC there's a sword for thieves that also grants the same benefits of this cloak. And the spell "Non-Detection" does exactly the same.
    JuliusBorisov