Skip to content

Quick question about compatibilities

I'm probably being a bit stupid, but I thought with a horde of people in here I'd ask the question in case anyone can help me out....

I realize that modules are compatible from the old NWN to NWN:EE, but does the same apply to the toolset? I don't yet have the EE, but will be getting it as soon as funds allow, however I do want to start going through the OC and making my own changes to it (Not for distribution, but for personal use - so adding things like PRC/CEP/Project Q, not sure yet) to expand on what is there, and change it to a degree that I cannot remember. Is it possible to start making the changes now in the old Aurara toolset, then later porting work to the new toolset when I get EE, or am I better off just waiting until I get my hands on EE?

Comments

• BalanorBalanor Member Posts: 176
    edited January 2018
    Yes, you can definitely start working on modules in the1.69 toolset now. Then it's just a matter of opening and saving those modules in the EE toolset to convert them to EE.
    Post edited by Balanor on
  • SylvesterTempleSylvesterTemple Member Posts: 11
    Thank you muchly for that :) I'll probably download a couple of mod packs and get started tonight then. First job - making the academy bigger and amending the prelude so it stops being a tutorial :)