Skip to content

IWD 2 Remade in NWN

CerabelusCerabelus Member Posts: 385
edited January 2018 in Official Campaigns
According to the last stream the Icewind Dale 2 assets haven't been found and they seem to have given up on that so when they make new content for NWN i'd like to see a IWD 2 Campaign remade in NWN.

if where not gonna get IWD 2 EE we could ask for IWD 2 NWN Edition, if i recall IWD 2 used a 3.0 D&D rule set but not the same as NWN is that right?

Obviously some changes would need to be made to NWN like Party creation and inventory management, the spells in IWD 2 are different (Malavon's Rage and others) and shapeshifting for Druids has completely different options.

It wouldn't be easy but I'd pay money for that if Beamdog made it.
Post edited by Cerabelus on
GrammarsaladdeserkdTd

Comments

• sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    well someone made IWD 1 in NWN 2 and it's pretty good
  • CerabelusCerabelus Member Posts: 385
    I heard but haven't checked it out yet.
  • helmo1977helmo1977 Member Posts: 364
    I played it and was a very good module
  • SilvarenSilvaren Member Posts: 178
    Someome made ID in NWN 2 and it was even better than in NWN. The same with BG in NWN 2.
  • StaranStaran Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 295
    You would think that this is the way Beamdog would want to go.
    I do not know the rules wotc have given Beamdog as to what kind of modules they are allowed to produce but imagine a New BG series or a new IWD series in nwn’s?
    Creating content with the original bg engine takes forever and is expensive.
    You would think I would be faster and cheaper with the nw engine. It seems logical to me.
    I know you are thinking “wow that is pretty linear thinking, you don’t want to think of something “bigger?”
    Nope.