Skip to content

Lilac Soul's NWN Script Generator

Time for yet another stupid question from me :)

Is there a newer version/tool similar to Lilac's Soul's Script Generator, or can any of the really helpful people out there come up with something similar for NWN:EE?

Scripting is not something that I can do very well (I try, really I do!) and things like the Script Generator has been something of a life saver, and I'd love to see something like that redone for EE.

Of course, if anyone can suggest any better tools that might help, that would be awesome :)

(And for those who have never seen it, the original is Here!

Comments

• NeverwinterWightsNeverwinterWights Member Posts: 339
    edited January 2018
    Lilac's will still work for NWN:EE, it will just be missing the newest functions that Beamdog adds so over time it will become less useful but still be useable. That in mind, if anyone does make an updated or similar program it probably won't happen until EE is officially released so that they can add all the new functions at once. Otherwise they'd have to keep updating it everytime a new script function was added by BD.
  • TarotRedhandTarotRedhand Member Posts: 1,481
    edited January 2018
    Having looked at your link I can indeed tell you about a newer version - LS-TK Script Generator (Lilac Soul's Script Generator, updated for NWN 1.69).
    If you'd like an alternative to the plot wizard (does the scripting for you) There's the free, open source ScriptEase.

TR
  • shmity72shmity72 Member Posts: 46
    bump
  • dafenadafena Member Posts: 74
    Use ScriptEase, way more powerful than Lilac's generator.
    edited February 2018
    Use ScriptEase, way more powerful than Lilac's generator.

I investigated this a while ago and came to the conclusion that yes it is powerful but it is a replacement for the plot wizard not lilac soul's script generator. They have different purposes.

TR
  • rjerome1rjerome1 Member Posts: 5
    I would love for this to be updated
  • rjerome1rjerome1 Member Posts: 5
    Just curious if a new script generator was ever developed?
  • dunahandunahan Member Posts: 139
    Having looked at your link I can indeed tell you about a newer version - LS-TK Script Generator (Lilac Soul's Script Generator, updated for NWN 1.69).

@rjerome1 This, as @TarotRedhand posted, is the last known version. But as @NeverwinterWights said, it still works with NWN:EE.

I don't know if the sources of the Script Wiz are available, so someone could update it. I think it would be even better, to start with a new project...

The sources are on the same project page. The thing is it is 235 files of Delphi code. You'll need something like Lazarus to compile your new version.

TR
    Ah, I didn't knew that. I carry my downloaded ScriptGen since 2010 or so on my Drive :lol:
  • vxicepickxvvxicepickxv Member Posts: 6
    If you'd like an alternative to the plot wizard (does the scripting for you) There's the free, open source ScriptEase.

TR

Do you have a new link, because that one's dead.
    You are right, the program was taken down, due it is deprecated. It's sucessor is Script Ease II and is maintained on GitHub here:
    https://github.com/UA-ScriptEase/scriptease
  • vxicepickxvvxicepickxv Member Posts: 6
    dunahan wrote: »
    You are right, the program was taken down, due it is deprecated. It's sucessor is Script Ease II and is maintained on GitHub here:
    https://github.com/UA-ScriptEase/scriptease

Thanks