Skip to content

Black friday sales... who bought electronics?

Well, I'm a poor 22 year old going into the navy soon, so I went ahead and splurged on a $350 4 gb memory 500 gb harddrive hp laptop and a 32 gig flash drive which was $12.99... What'd everyone else buy tonight and/or planning on the next couple days? My first black friday where I actually had some spare money to blow... I'm excited. Happy early Christmas to everyone!

Comments

• ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    Always thought the US practice of a day of being thankful for what you have followed by a day of encouragement to buy a lot of new stuff was weird.
  • styggastygga Member Posts: 467
    You're just mad you don't get these insane deals!
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,316
    Not really. Wasn't some lady trampled to death outside of a Wal-Mart a few years back?
    That's why I shopped online... I went to a local best buy, the line was around the corner.. and they had off duty (assuming) police out front in full regalia monitoring traffic into the store.
    Besides... who doesn't expect to get trampled to death at walmart?
  • Jean_LucJean_Luc Member Posts: 228
    Shin said:

Always thought the US practice of a day of being thankful for what you have followed by a day of encouragement to buy a lot of new stuff was weird.

Nothing strange there because Thanksgiving is a consumerist holiday as well.

• TetraploidTetraploid Member Posts: 252
    Well, I am in the UK, but as it happens I was planning on buying a new laptop this afternoon! The one I am using now has seen better days, poor thing.
  • MungriMungri Member Posts: 1,645
    Its Friday, Friday, getting down on Friday! Everybodies looking forward to the weekend, weekend!
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    My goodness this thread is going nowhere good fast. First a bunch of cynical, bah-humbug comments and now Rebecca Black quotes.
  • MungriMungri Member Posts: 1,645
    But yesterday was Thursday, Thursday. Today it is Friday, Friday. Tomorrow is Saturday, and Sunday comes afterwards.
  • PhælinPhælin Member Posts: 316
    edited November 2012
    Black friday? Sounds like a good name for a time that involves mourning the dead!