Skip to content

King Strohm's Mask journal entry

I have a journal entry call "King Strohm's Mask." The only entry under it mentions that I have all the pieces and need to assemble the mask. However, I already did so. I read that you can use the mask to see a fire elemental. I went where the fire elemental is supposed to be and put the mask on, but it didn't appear. I looked around the rest of the map in case it moved, but still couldn't find it. Finally, I tried spawning it with the console and killed it, but the journal entry didn't update.

Does anyone know if there's a way to resolve this journal entry, and do you get any bonus experience for doing so?

Comments

• ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Sometimes it takes a round for it to "trigger". Put the mask on before walking into the fire elemental corridor and wait a bit. I don't know if its intentional, or just the way scripts sometimes get out of sync.
  • __Q____Q__ Member Posts: 29
    I tried waiting for a while, but it still didn't work. Does the fire elemental disappear after you grab the dragon sword and shield?
  • unseeingeyeunseeingeye Member Posts: 16
    I don't believe it disappears after you take the items, no. You should be getting hit by the fire elemental though, even without the mask being put on, it's only invisible so you should have noticed you were being damaged out of nowhere. I wonder if you killed the elemental without noticing while killing another guardian, before completing the mask? In that case the quest would be stuck as incomplete, I think..
    ThacoBell