Skip to content

Game has crashed hard.

Chris_theVikingChris_theViking Member Posts: 49
edited January 2018 in Technical Support
Sorry for coming here when I should go to the site listed in this. It asked me to register and i just didn't feel like it, it bores and annoys me to have to constantly fill out crap. I have a good idea how its crashing and i'll explain after the log for one of the crashes.
-------------------------------------------------------------
=== Crash
What you see below is debug info that will help us fix a crash you have
encountered. Please create a new public ticket for NWN on

http://redmine.beamdog.com

and attach all of it. This will help us figure out what went wrong.
We can fix issues best when you include all relevant info that led to
this crash so we can reproduce it - the more the better.

Thank you.
=== Props
target = nwmain
time = 1516414374
exception = c0000005
g_sBuildNumber = 8155
g_sVersionNumber = 1, 0, 0, 0
&GenericCrashHandler = 0119B6E0
=== Backtrace
0119BE56
0119B9BF
0119BE0B
6675F681
773B74FF
77379F45
=== Minidump
Minidump file has been written to C:\Users\TALISMAN\Documents\Neverwinter Nights/nwmain-crash-1516414374.dmp.
=== End
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
On my server(module) I have gear that gets bonus effects and modifiers when equipped. when you equip an item and meet the requirements for these bonus' an animation will go off to make this cool.

I log in a fully geared paladin which caused the crash above, the animations are probably irrelevant but for detail it's epic mage armor(the one with many shields around the player) and the stone skin effect is applied, for his weapon, his armor just does i think aid effect and helm does a similar minor effect.

This has not been a problem before today until today or last update blabla55

Then I logged in my zen archer who has different gear but some with equip effects also and the same crash but with a different number id.

I logged in my paladin and crash again. So I decided to log in a non geared new toon and it logged in fine. I did this 3 times with other base toons and no problem. Then logged in one of the geared toons and crashed.

On my end I can simply give the player a variable to keep them from having these effects go off when the game gears them up at log-in, make them wait ten seconds before they can swap the gear to give them buffs. this should fix this and would probably be good to do for other reasons not related to this bug.

I can run around for a bit spamming the effects and going from area to area to see if it's the effects going off or just because its doing it at log-in once I put in the delay.

-- Update, it only appears to be happening to characters I have copied over from 1.69 server.
Post edited by Chris_theViking on

Comments

• Chris_theVikingChris_theViking Member Posts: 49
    it only appears to be happening to characters copied from the 1.69 server. I created, leveled and gears up a new toon in EE single player and it hasn't crashed with him yet.
  • nivniv Member, Moderator, Developer Posts: 410
    Hi,

please upload the associated .dmp file. It'll save us a lot of time tracking this down! If you lack a space to do so, redmine accepts files too.

If it's feasible for you, also send us the character file that's crashing. If it requires some custom scripting, the module would be great too. Basically a repro case we can run to see the crash.

Thanks.
  • nivniv Member, Moderator, Developer Posts: 410
    dmp and repro received through other means, and tracking this now. Will make an appearance in future patchnotes!