Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

New Premium Module: Tyrants of the Moonsea! Read More
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

making new kits

mcdeathmcdeath Member Posts: 2
sooo... I don't have any experience making kits, and there are some really good ones out there, I was thinking if some of them could be "converted" into something of my own. I always wanted to play dual/multiclass that are currently ilegal. For instance:
-paladin (fighter kit)
Does anyone knows of an innate ability that could work as turn undead? there's a priest spell that comes very close but when you turn it into a innate ability the game crashes. Aditionaly, I'd like to know if paladin spells can be forced as "memorized" maybe trough a summoned creature that can handle your spellbook ( like wizard spellbook if your multi/dualing into priest and priestbook if you are going for wizard). Could this be doable? is there a chance to rol a paladin/cleric - paladin/mage - paladin/rouge?. kit-specific abilities (like cavalier) are allready avaible and would be simple to add ( for instance once you pick your base paladin fighter kit you get your true paladin kit trough a one time lv1 innate ability)
any way to match the exp table?

- ranger ( fighter kit)
same as before reggarding spells. I think rangers should have set traps ability at a lower paece. I tried to build a "limited invisibility" innate spells with a success rate based on your ranger lvl but again the game crashed. I used a "piece" of set traps so it couldn't be used while in presence of an enemy. Also want to add animal companion for druid and rangers, pretty much like a familiar but with a minor combat twist.
I think it would be cool if you could play something like ranger/thief - ranger/druid - ranger/mage without becoming OP.

I begun my work on a version of arcane trickster as following:
thief kit
hp hit dice 1-6
gains +1hp instead of +2hp after 10th lvl
15 skill points avaible per level
backstab begins at 3rd lvl and increases +1 for every 6 up to x4
armored arcana up to studded leather ( or 10% + 1% per lvl if using mods that add faliure based on armor)
wizard spell book progression (forced if impossible innate)/caster level 8/10 should end up TOSC with 4th circle and BG2 with 7th circle
spell casting time -3, improves by 1 every 10 levels ( begins at lv 6)
impoptu sneak at level 9 + one extra use every 8 levels
can use robes, wands and mage weapons (but not rings and amulets)
can't learn invocation and necromancy spells ( ilusion and enchantment focus)
1 spells less per day avaible per circle.
pilfer magic once a day at lvl 10, +use every 6 lvls. It'd be a eliminate magic that adds the caster +2luck +5%magic resistance +5% thief skills +1 saves. last 5 rounds.
Cant set traps, instead gains multiple selection magic trap: lv5 acid arrow, lv 9 glyph of warding, lv 13 skull trap, lv17 pw fear. Caster lv trickster/2.

HLA: doesn't get any new traps.
-use any item
-alchemy/ scribe scroll
-8th circle spells
-9th circle spells
-extra 6,7,8,9 spells
-silent casting ( vocalize)
-+1 backstab multiplier--> asesinate
-extra use of trap -> eliminate caster lv penalty

to sum up, it should be like a wiz/thief with better caster lvl lower thief progression, less spells per day, more circles than a bard. Could dual class into fighter/druid/cleric. Avaible for multiclassing gnomes, elfs and half elves.

suggestions very much appreciated!