Skip to content

Dungeons, anyone?

I'm working on rebuilding a PW, and there are a lot of moving parts. Tons of scripting, area building, content creation, etc. And what I've realized over the last few months is that it is too much for a team of two, only one of whom is very familiar with the toolset. The big problem I have is that I really hate creating dungeon areas and creature encounters.

Is there anyone out there who loves designing dungeons that might want to talk about doing a bit of building for my world?

A bit of context: Arensea, when it ran years ago, was focused on providing players with a way to participate in the development of the world through participation in DM-led stories, and with the reward of personalized character development adventures. There was a heavy emphasis on rp, and the world, while rich with lore and personality, lacked somewhat with regard to interesting things to do when there were no DMs online. We want to bring back all of the things that were good about Arensea, and are working to address some of its shortcomings.

We need dungeons of all types. They don't have to fit into the lore of the world, and can be as weird as you want. They don't even have to be traditional "dungeons" -- if you want to make some ultra-strange puzzle adventure, that's going to be interesting too. We've worked out a few different ways that characters in the world can be thrown into situations that are out of the common way, and want to introduce as much variety and challenge as we can.

If you're interested in this at all, please let me know and we can discuss details privately.