Skip to content

Toolset Crashes

NWN - Head Start -- Toolset

Whenever I open a secondary window that has direct reference to the appearance or inventory content of certain creatures my toolset crashes. It simply stops working at the time that window is closed.
For example: Some creatures, monsters, animals and NPC's do not trigger this problem as the "Bartender".

But when you change your appearance to human (dynamic) a slight bug already occurs, the music stops and when you close the secondary window, you need to click the activators again.

Okay, nothing too serious.

Opening again the properties of the "bartender" now, with his already altered appearance I change his head to some other one.

And when I click on the "OK" option. Everything stops. The music continues to play, since I've reattached it the previous time.
But, I can no longer interact with the main toolset window.

And to close the toolset now, only with the windows task manager.

I've disabled the "Use environment mapping on creatures and items" option and am using the textures in compatibility mode. But this error did not occur before the last update, or simply I did not notice it, which I find difficult.

I'll wait for some feedback before attempting to reinstall.

Comments

• JFKJFK Member Posts: 214
    Try Alt-Tab and see if you can access the main Toolset window that way. Bug, though.

-JFK
  • I am doing similar operations but get a window popping up that states "Out of System Resources." However, my toolset doesn't crash or lockup - I just close the pop-up and continue working; but the popup then starts appearing randomly when doing other things - editing a script, adding a placeable to an area, etc. I have reported this to BD.
  • JFKJFK Member Posts: 214
    edited February 2018
    I'm reporting a bug right now: Editing properties (item) brings up the Item Properties window, but it isn't placed on top of the Toolset main window. You can Alt-Tab to switch to it, on Windows. I think it's with any separate toolset window (properties of Monsters, Items, etc.). Testing before I report the bug. Conversation and Script windows appear to work normally.

-JFK

Edit: Nope. More testing... seems like it all works on a bare, new module without any Custom Content. So far...

Edit: Yep. It works okay with no CC. Added a simple .hak file with two models, and the window behavior is consistent. It places the opened Properties window beneath the Toolset window. You can mouse over the program on your Windows Toolbar at bottom of scree and click to bring it up as well as Alt-Tab. Okay, reporting.
  • CroscobCroscob Member Posts: 5

It was one of the first things I tried, to switch the windows using the alt + tab function, however the problem is not a window over putting the other, the toolset simply stops working when the secondary window is closed. But, this does not happen with any creature and usually with almost all NPC's.
    I completely reinstalled the NWN as well as the Client but the problem still persists. I'm going to try to change some compatibility settings and disable others on my video card. I'll post a video here to show what happens.
  • CroscobCroscob Member Posts: 5
    This video will show in detail what happens.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ot67gQfJo0&feature=youtu.be

The program simply stops responding and you can not continue working.
    I reinstalled the client and the game but the problem still persists. I made changes to the graphics quality to a minimum, I changed the compatibility options but nothing. It should be something between the program and my computer, but everything was ok before the update 74.8155.
    I will wait for the next updates.