Skip to content

4 spell suggestions

LoldrupLoldrup Member Posts: 291
edited January 2018 in General Modding
Lvl 2 druid spell: Entangle-curse: single target, but follows target whereever he goes. no save penalty.
Lvl 2 druid spell: Entangle-bomb: single target. -2(3? 4?) save penalty, but target is FREED from the spell once he has made just one save.
Lvl 1 arcane spell: Web Curse: single target, but follows target whereever he goes. no save penalty.
Lvl 1 arcane spell: Web Bomb: single target. -2(3? 4?) save penalty, but target is FREED from the spell once he has made just one save.
Grammarsaladtbone1

Comments

• GrammarsaladGrammarsalad Member Posts: 2,582
    edited January 2018
    Loldrup said:

Lvl 2 druid spell: Entangle-curse: single target, but follows target whereever he goes. no save penalty.
    Lvl 2 druid spell: Entangle-bomb: single target. -2(3? 4?) save penalty, but target is FREED from the spell once he has made just one save.
    Lvl 1 arcane spell: Web Curse: single target, but follows target whereever he goes. no save penalty.
    Lvl 1 arcane spell: Web Bomb: single target. -2(3? 4?) save penalty, but target is FREED from the spell once he has made just one save.

I like the two 'curse' spells.

So, the idea is that every round, the target must save or be held in place by webs or vines? I can imagine the web one being called 'Lolth's blessing' and being exclusive to Lolth priests with an arcane version that is rare among non Drow (wth the scroll only sold in the underdark)...

Hmmm
    Loldruptbone1
    Could you describe the 'bomb' spells a bit more? I'm not sure that I understand them
    edited January 2018
    Still thinking about Lolth's blessing. What if the spell magically attracts spiders to the target, who constantly try to create webs and also bite them, with a possibility of causing minor poison damage each round (in addition to webbing)?

Oh, and if i do this, I Have to make it so Lolth priests cast it. I just have to
  • LoldrupLoldrup Member Posts: 291

Still thinking about Lolth's blessing. What if the spell magically attracts spiders to the target, who constantly try to create webs and also bite them, with a possibility of causing minor poison damage each round (in addition to webbing)?

Sounds very creative! :D
    Watch out for OP-ness.
  • LoldrupLoldrup Member Posts: 291
    edited January 2018

Could you describe the 'bomb' spells a bit more? I'm not sure that I understand them

An enemy caught in the normal web/entangle spell wills get saving throws ever so often, to become free of effect for a short period of time (until it's time to save again). Now take this idea and apply it to an individual instead of an area.
    In the 'bomb' versions, the person is held until *first* successfull save - that save frees the person and cancels the spell.
    In the 'curse' version, a successfull save will free the person for a period (just like it would if the person were standing in an Entagled/Webbed area), but the person will have to save again and again, to avoid getting re-trapped. He has to do these saving throws for as long as the spell lasts.
    Post edited by Loldrup on
    Loldrup said:

Sounds very creative! :D
    Watch out for OP-ness.
    Well, yes. I was thinking of making it 3rd level spell
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited January 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Loldrup