Skip to content

[Kickstarter] The End - A fox tale in a cyberpunk world

KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
https://ksr-video.imgix.net/projects/3247493/video-852605-h264_high.mp4

Just came across this little gem on kickstarter. The End appears to be a cross between adventure, action and riddle games. As the title already revealed: the player controls an actual fox which tries to save its cub within a cyberpunk world. That's about it, nothing too fancy like saving the world or overthrowing the machines. But it sure looks pretty cute, right? ;)

The developer mentioned that the initial release will be for PC (steam), with iOS being an possible additional platform. Also, since the project appears to be almost in an complete state (and the kickstarter campaign itself being only for further story developement/3D modeling), the funding goal is a mere 5.000 €. It's also nice to know that backers can already get the final game for but 7 €.

Comments

• ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Interesting. Depending on how it plays, this could be right up my alley. I love more personal stories, and most of my favorite movies have animals as the protaganists.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • ArdanisArdanis Member Posts: 1,736
    Nice fox.

I wish it would be more anthropomorphic and hand-drawn in Japanese style though o:)
    Ugh steam only? Thats a deal breaker for me.
  • FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511
    GoG stands for great old games. Since indie games aren't old, and most aren't great, I don't see why GoG would stock them.

Prior to Steam most would never have been published at all.
    GoG doesn't just stock old games and it has been that way for quite some time.
    No, they also stock new full price games now for commercial reasons. The don't support indie games though.
    Um what? You can get all kinds of indie games off gog.
  • ArdanisArdanis Member Posts: 1,736
    Probably because GoG has some quality standards. I find it pretty nice, actually, that you can choose between shopping in GoG and swimming among... examples of non-traditional creativity... that has drowned Steam, looking for hidden gems.
    Anyone can publish anything on Steam. GoG won't touch it until it has provide itself to be, if not 100% great, at least not awful.

I suspect that's why both platforms have survived. There is room for a store that sells absolutely anything, and a store that only stocks proven products.