Skip to content

"getting download info"

Been stuck at this for a while now, what can I do to make it download the rest? (Little less than half already downloaded yesterday)

Comments

• EmptinessEmptiness Member Posts: 238
    edited November 2012
    Greenman019, see #3 below:

"Some suggestions for people on a Windows PC using the BGEEInstaller.exe to preload who are having trouble getting to "Preload Complete":

1) Once the preloader launches and you've entered your Beamdog e-mail/password, click on the "Use P2P" button as desired to either deactivate P2P or reactivate it (if you turned it off and want to turn it back on).

2) Then, don't mess with the process. Don't even look at the data transfer rate, it will only make you sad. Resist the temptation to pause the download and then resume; resist the temptation to exit the preloader and restart it. Resist the temptation to toggle P2P back and forth. (If you do any of those things then you may seem to have kickstarted the preload into progressing more quickly, but repeated application of those kickstarts will eventually bug the preload process and your download will stop progressing entirely.)

3) If you have done any of the things in #2, and your preload is stuck on "Getting Download Info...", then your preload may be bugged, and may never progress beyond this point. I suggest that you do as I did in this situation: Uninstall "Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition", rerun BGEEInstaller.exe, and then proceed as outlined in #1 and #2. (I messed with the preloader for 8 hours or so, and got it stuck on two different computers, then reinstalled and left it alone and it finished the preload in less than 5.5 hours.)"
  • loganultimaloganultima Member Posts: 109
    @Emptiness, I did what you said and it worked but after 35% the download stopped and it now says "Connecting." have you encountered this?
    Yes, in my case the download stopped many times (during which the preloader says "Connecting"). Eventually it resumes, as long as you don't give in to the temptation to try to mess with it.
  • bigdogchrisbigdogchris Member Posts: 1,336
    edited November 2012
    I was stuck in "getting download info" since yesterday, even left on all night. What I did was restarted, renamed the Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition folder to something else, then reinstalled the .exe that you downloaded. Since then it's been downloading slowly, but surely.
  • loganultimaloganultima Member Posts: 109
    Yes it is confirmed it will resume after a while, it's like it has a mind of its own. AI yo.
  • bigdogchrisbigdogchris Member Posts: 1,336

Yes it is confirmed it will resume after a while, it's like it has a mind of its own. AI yo.

I left mine running for 12 hours and it did not resume once. The only solution was the delete the old data and reinstall the .exe launcher. That fixed it immediately.

Just to clarify:

If you are seeing the preloader apparently stuck at "Connecting", then just leave it alone. It will eventually resume.

If you are seeing the preloader apparently stuck at "Getting download info", it probably is stuck. Uninstalling "Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition" and then reinstalling it should fix the problem.
  • DaelricDaelric Member Posts: 266
    Mine's stuck on Limited Connectivity: One or more game can't be downloaded. That's all in red font and my download rate at the bottom left is -
    Stuck at 5.1% overall progress

Suggestions?
  • Greenman019Greenman019 Member Posts: 206
    I deleted everything and re-downloaded the installer and it's now working.
  • Greenman019Greenman019 Member Posts: 206
    Ye, it's done it again, same message; Meanwhile steam runs quietly along with a perfectly formed smug grin on it's face ^.^
  • DaelricDaelric Member Posts: 266
    That worked Greenman and it's downloading MUCH faster now thanks!
  • MalakaiusMalakaius Member Posts: 8
    edited November 2012
    If you go into your install/data directory (Example:C:\Games\Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition\Data) and delete the 766.beam & 766.status files it should force the installer to recheck your download and start downloading correctly without having to uninstall and redownload the whole thing.

Edit: I should have specified that I have only tested this on the standalone installer.
  • unfortunate_oneunfortunate_one Member Posts: 44
    I am also showing "getting download info" but it is also showing my "overall progress" at 100% and my "library size" at 1.3 GB. My Games folder inside the Beamdog File shows nothing.