Skip to content

Some Fan Art

I've been making CG likeness's of the NPC's I have in my party. Nothing too crazy but I find that it adds some realism and boosts the look of the inventory management page. I usually do a classic bust look for the on screen images and then do a full body shot for the inventory page. I am nowhere near done but I figured I would share the image I have of Imoen. I have to crop out half of the images sometimes so it's nice to display it in full. I rendered them at 4K but scaled them down to HD so they won't be as hard to load up.

I'm currently working on Serevok. I don't know if I want to give him pitch black eyes or glowing eyes that match the TOB picture. I also don't have Photoshop anymore so doing the tattoos on his face is going to be a pain.

Comments

• ZaghoulZaghoul Member, Moderator Posts: 3,938
    Very nice work, especially the setting. :)
  • the_sexteinthe_sextein Member Posts: 711
    edited February 2018
    Thanks, portrait customization is one thing I always loved about these games. The graphics let you imagine things in your head and you can make the characters your own with the portraits. Back in the late 90's I would use images from artists that did book art and then make them fit the Baldur's Gate vibe with stylistic alterations from Photoshop. These days you can create your own models and backgrounds using a huge library of cool options and kind of meld them into whatever you have in mind. It's still the same old game but even the engine UI has transformed over the years. Some of the UI mods are really great. I always appreciated the style of these games for allowing the imagination to fill in the blanks and also customize to your hearts content on the character screens.