Skip to content

Would you like to have a support for "NeveBlender" (Blender unofficial-Addon)?

HunterRayder93HunterRayder93 Member Posts: 266
edited February 2018 in Builders - Toolset

For those who do not know it (I discovered it only yesterday) "Neverblender" and a modd for NWN1 that allows the softwer "Blender" to create customized content.

however this mod reading, around on Wiki or not, has some problems of importing and developing customized content.

I think it's because of the discrepancies between the Blender and NWN softwares, in fact they lack a correct interaction with the animations, in fact modify models or things of NWN in blender and difficult because of the real particle system of NWN / blender that interferes.

So I ask BG if it is possible to have a support for Blender ... if you want to try your hand at creating your own personalized content through Blander or other programs, you can do it.

This support could open the door to an infinite number of possibilities for me ... I know that in reality it could already be done even without NeberBlender though ... this could make life easier and importing content from NWN-> Blender or Blender-> NWN easier.

Tell me what you think if you do not know where to look for Neverblender here is the linck of the mod in NWValut:

1. Would you like to have a support for "NeveBlender" (Blender unofficial-Addon)?10 votes
    1. Yes
      100.00%
    2. No
        0.00%

Comments

• InflatableFriendInflatableFriend Member Posts: 57
    Voted No.

Not because I don't want NeverBlender to succeed, It's a great community made tool, but because I'd much rather Beamdog made any official tool much more universal.

There are a lot more 3d packages than Blender out there, I don't want CC support to be limited to any single one of them, be they expensive or be they free. If it was NB or nothing ever, then of course I'd support NB, but I feel that NBs development should be left to its developers, and new universal tools developed by Beamdog.

With this is mind I'd encourage anyone who wants better CC content support to vote for New resource Data Formats for Higher Performance, Quality and Compatibility over on the Trello input board. Modern formats for a modern makeover.
    Zwerkules
  • HunterRayder93HunterRayder93 Member Posts: 266
    I did not mean an official thing. I only told if BD could open the missing parts for the easy use of this modd, so that there is more accurate support, since when we speak of "Officer" here it corresponds to heresy.
  • InflatableFriendInflatableFriend Member Posts: 57
    If Beamdog could give the NeverBlender developers any information they need in order to make NB a better functioning plugin, then that would be much greatness.
    Zwerkules
  • HunterRayder93HunterRayder93 Member Posts: 266

If Beamdog could give the NeverBlender developers any information they need in order to make NB a better functioning plugin, then that would be much greatness.

And what I mean by my post, a way to provide animation codes etc ... you have neverblender programmers to make it easier to use and transfer content.
  • LaputianBirdLaputianBird Member Posts: 107
    Things don't work that way. NWN and any game support file formats, not Blender or any other modeling program.

NWN has its own model format, which is .mdl. There is nothing that BD needs to do in order to support Blender.

Neverblender on the other hand is exactly that, an interface between Blender and the NWN model format, which can import/export said models both ways