Skip to content

[Request] More Secret Places

HeroicSpurHeroicSpur Member Posts: 907
Hi everyone,

This idea seemed to have a very positive reception on Reddit, hopefully the same is true here.

I don't intend to go overboard with this, but it seems to me that there aren't too many secret areas in BG. I always felt that secret doors in particular were very under-utilised. The ones that are in the game tend to be outstandingly obvious (or the cursor changes to a door when you mouse over it!).

I feel that one or two secret places with challenges/rewards, would be a good way to benefit the eagle-eyed, and give us all a reason to keep an extra-sharp lookout on our next playthrough!

To draw a BG2 analogy, something similar to the encounter in the Bridge district, where you take a rogue stone to the door.

TingellansounetTanthalasZymran86ConphantusBhryaenDeeIngwarr23BannynaXidalwendigosarevok57GlanduinFlauschigElectricMonkYorleenlootertrivtenaSwordsNotWordsZaccaro

Comments

• SeldarSeldar Member Posts: 438
    yeah that BG2 quest is very interesting (and hard too)

This could be a good thing to add in BG EE... in a house or a mountain, entrance hidden by a tree or something
  • HeroicSpurHeroicSpur Member Posts: 907
    Yes indeed, someone once mentioned something about a hidden Ulcaster skeleton ring quest...
  • BhryaenBhryaen Member Posts: 2,874
    I fully support and endorse with the complete backing of my great office the implementation of the Ulcaster Secret Door Skeleton Ring Quest and wholeheartedly wish that there were more such Ulcaster Secret Door Skeleton Ring Quests to make our nation strong.
    HeroicSpur
  • BhryaenBhryaen Member Posts: 2,874
    You know I don't recall that rogue stone quest- sounds intriguing. I just know that the little back passage in the Cloakwood Mines adds so much fun to the game that I use it every time just because it's so fun, not because it's really necessary or holds any great advantage. More like that would be great, but even a few hidden rooms here and there would just be... well, fully endorsed and supported by this great office. ;-P
  • HeroicSpurHeroicSpur Member Posts: 907
    It seems you've promoted yourself to a senior government position. Congratulations, you now rank among some of the most evil men in the world.
    BhryaenFlauschig
  • FlauschigFlauschig Member Posts: 84
    Would like to see one-two (geeky) secrets.
  • ElectricMonkElectricMonk Member Posts: 599
    That surprise bridge district encounter was one of the better moments in BG2 for me, as I clicked on that door with a rogue stone in my inventory for the first time, hopelessly unprepared for the battle ahead, and was of course killed accordingly. Good stuff. Took me a while to figure out exactly why the door had opened that time, but then wouldn't in my next playthrough when I didn't have a rogue stone with me (should have payed more attention to the text crawl I suppose). I would definitely like to see more things along these lines if possible.
  • YorleenYorleen Member Posts: 150
    I agree, would make playing with a rogue even more exciting! :)