Skip to content

Hold Person

elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,316
Does anyone know if this works on werewolves? (I'm talking in game of course; obviously we all know werewolves in real life need to be shot with a silver bullet :p)

I mean putting aside their innate magic resistance, do werewolves count as being humanoid enough to be affected?

I'm thinking of playing a shapeshifter, but I'm just curious about this.

I had this originally in the new players section but well...uhh. It may not be the greatest place for it given the whole (no spoilers) deal.

Comments

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,316
    Found a very old thread on ironworksforum that answers my question. Yes they can be.
  • MornmagorMornmagor Member Posts: 1,160
    You ditched the idea of playing shifter after finding out? :P
    edited November 2012
    Nah I was just curious about the battle with Bassilus. It would have made it easier since he could just waste hold persons on me :)

Still going with shifter.
  • MedullaOblongataMedullaOblongata Member Posts: 434
    *holds @elminster*

Don't worry. Everything is going to be okay.

:P
  • MornmagorMornmagor Member Posts: 1,160
    Aye, thank god for the meatshields taking one for the team party members helping you out with that :]
    edited November 2012
    @MedullaOblongata Do we have a dwarf,gnome, or halfling? if so send them lol.

But otherwise I guess the point of this thread is done :)
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    I usually Silence Bassilus, and don't need to worry about his Hold Person, or Rigid Thinking. If he makes saves, I also always have a few Hold Person and Web up my sleeves. I have a cleric Turn Undead to deal with the skellies and zombies.

Hmm, but yeah, it would be awesome if wolfie druids could gain a hold immunity.

Hmm, but yeah, it would be awesome if wolfie druids could gain a hold immunity.

Such is life :)