Skip to content

Can I transfer my character from one campaign into the next one?

fetito666fetito666 Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 204
The last time I played NVN 15 years ago I think and I don't remember.

Can I transfer my character from one campaign into the next one?

Thank you!

PS: Beamdog #1.

Comments

• DerpCityDerpCity Member, Moderator Posts: 303
    edited February 2018
    Technically yes, nothing stops you from taking your character from one campaign to the next, as the game makes a new copy when you beat them. However, the OC does not follow into SoU or HotU, while HotU is a direct sequel to SoU, so you should probably make a new character after the OC and take your SoU character to HotU. At least, that's how I'd do it, considering SoU is also intended to be played from level 1.
    fetito666
  • fetito666fetito666 Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 204
    So I cannot use the character from the OC in Sou?
    Like I said, you technically can, but it probably wasn't balanced with a 15th level character in mind, meaning most if not all encounters would be a cakewalk and you'd still be treated as though you were a fledgling adventurer no one has heard about.
  • fetito666fetito666 Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 204
    Ah thanks! So I'd be overpowered.
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    i thought hordes of the underdark was a continuation from the original campagin? because a lot of familiar faces from the OC are in HoTU, dont recall that being the case for the SoU characters

when it comes to importing your OC character into SoU i do this all the time, although DerpCity is correct when it comes to balancing, the first 3/4 is pretty easy because the game doesnt quite balance with your higher level character ( although i did notice my random treasures were balanced for a character of my level, and the random encounters were also balanced for a higher level character)

so yes you might be more over powered, but i still had fun doing it, because i wanted to get as much XP as possible for HotU, and even having the same character for the OC and SoU i was still only around level 18 i believe? when i finished SoU
  • SaintPhillipSaintPhillip Member Posts: 59
    sarevok57 said:

i thought hordes of the underdark was a continuation from the original campagin? because a lot of familiar faces from the OC are in HoTU, dont recall that being the case for the SoU characters

when it comes to importing your OC character into SoU i do this all the time, although DerpCity is correct when it comes to balancing, the first 3/4 is pretty easy because the game doesnt quite balance with your higher level character ( although i did notice my random treasures were balanced for a character of my level, and the random encounters were also balanced for a higher level character)

so yes you might be more over powered, but i still had fun doing it, because i wanted to get as much XP as possible for HotU, and even having the same character for the OC and SoU i was still only around level 18 i believe? when i finished SoU

I would say it would be a bit more than "pretty easy" since you'll be running a a campaign intended to start at level 1 with a lvl 14+ toon.

HOTU and SOU were made to run the same character but OC was kind of standalone- But like all things, you are free to play it however you want and do whatever you find fun.
    edited February 2018
    @sarevok57 The first time you talk to Deekin in the Inn, he immediately calls you Boss, which he called you all the way through SoU's Interlude and 2nd Chapter, and there's a joke about how a book about a plague in Neverwinter was awful compared to Deekin's tale of your story from SoU, with the way its said implying that you've never been there. Also, if it was a sequel to the OC, all of the OC characters would know of you, since they were all part of the quest to save Neverwinter, but they act like they've never seen or heard of you before, even Aribeth. The HotU and OC stories are only linked by setting and the faces in it, essentially.
    fetito666
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    ah i see, i don't bring any of the companions with me since they are more in the way than useful, i thought it was kind of based on the fact that they didnt know me because they didn't travel with me specifically