Skip to content

more voice talent

I've created many playable characters, I've used up all the voice sets!
If there's an expansion, I hope there is more voice talent.

Is voice talent for an original 17 year-old game an easy find?

Comments

• TrixterTrixter Member Posts: 237
    Do Beamdog have the right to incorporate the NWN2 voice talent into EE? I presume all the NWN1 voices will be there.
  • TheUncertainManTheUncertainMan Member Posts: 49
    There are plenty of community-made voicesets available here (I just released one today) - https://neverwintervault.org/catalog?field_category_tid=22

If Beamdog want to create new voicesets it's incredibly easy to find professional voiceactors to do it. You can vote on the trello boards to request more - https://trello.com/b/Lb79bbgy/neverwinter-nights-input
    Yes, but will those voices be able to be attached to the "soundest.2da" file?
    edited March 2018
    Beamdog will be able to, no problem.

Currently we can add our sounds to the 2da file, but from what I understand we can't add new subtitles, which appear above the character when they use a V chat command.
    We're also hoping that the community will be able to create and attach new subtitles to the voicesets in the future.
    Post edited by TheUncertainMan on
    Maybe I should just wait for EE, but please see my attached file, removing the ".doc" when you open it. Can we just add your sounds, adding new numbers to the soundset and then implementing the sounds (which I presume are a hak?)
    Yeah pretty much. Just add this at the bottom of your 2da;
    1500 TomFighter vsf_tomwar **** 0 0
    Then add all the Wav files (and the SSF) to your override folder.

Sadly I haven't found a way to get subtitles to not play BADSTR all the time. If anyone can advise me on that, I'd greatly appreciate it.
    Sounded great. If you're curious, I used your voice to create an evil cleric. >:)
  • LibertyisbackLibertyisback Member Posts: 49
    edited March 2018
    ya -- i dont want the addition of voicesets to need editing of 2das etc-- iwant a proper full interface already built in.

Every time i log in, i should see a whole rank of new or other voicesets to try out and change, and these should just be added everyday by anyone who wants to contribute . a central cloud sort of repository of voices for people to access upon login. editing 2das etc is just not user friendly enough, given the hge power of voiesets to snag the whole world of players.

i think lotro has some minimal voiceset ability. But if nwn did a big voiceset community upgrade as suggested, that alone would propel nwn to number one mmo in the entire world. maybe that would be cheaper than a gfx upgrade, and would already assure victory for nwn (imho).
    Trixter said:

Sounded great. If you're curious, I used your voice to create an evil cleric. >:)

Aw man. Cheers!

Yeah if it was easier there'd be more voicesets from amateur voice actors. Pretty confident of that.
    Uncertain man, I am sending you a PM...