Skip to content

[Doors] Odd Behavior with Transition

I have a door transition linking an exterior area to a interior area that is proving somewhat bothersome. This is the behavior I am experiencing:

1. The door is model tn_sdoor_03 from the 1.69 update. I have it assigned to a custom tile group added to the TNO tileset (Castle Exterior Rural).

2. I have the door's transition linked to a door in an interior area made with the 1.69 TNI01 tileset (City Interior 2). The transition is set to "both ways."

3. Going from the TNO tileset to the TNI tileset, the transition works fine.

4. Going from the TNI tileset to the TNO tileset, clicking on the transition causes you to bounce back into the area and the transition script fails to fire.

I thought it might be that the SAM was rotated the wrong way on the model, BUT if that was the case, the transition from the exterior area would not work as that is the transition using the SAM for that model. FURTHERMORE, if the door inside the interior area is linked to a waypoint placed in the exterior area, the transition works. I'm almost positive it is related to the SAM, but I have no idea what the cause of this issue is.

Note, this is one of the doors associated with the three house tiles that are not enabled in the game (the two small huts and the a-frame hut).