Skip to content

What things can you do in NWN which no other online rpger/mmo let's you do today? (unique stuff)

So I came to thinking about all the things which playing nwn online let's me do, which i later found no other mmo today let's me do. All the things I missed. I'll post more as i remember them i guess. But here's a first one:

1) I can run into a new server of players. Become their friend. Roleplay as a sorc who runs around casting Tasha's Hideous laughter on new players and then run away ><

Comments

• TheAmethystDragonTheAmethystDragon Member Posts: 86
    After buying the game, anyone can play on any server*, for any length of time, with an unlimited number of characters, with full access to everything each server offers, and be able to use any content made in the last 15+ years...for free.

* Any server that matches their version of the game (1.69 or NWN:EE beta).
  • mlkent22mlkent22 Member Posts: 41
    Anyone who has NWN can open the toolset and create their own solo-play mod, or persistent world. The ease of building is so entrenched with NWN due to the supportive community that continues to offer assistance when asked politely.
  • SorcererV1ct0rSorcererV1ct0r Member Posts: 2,176
    Customize your character any way that you want instead of follow a "one viable build" with stupid "modern rpg" stuff like cooldown
  • TarotRedhandTarotRedhand Member Posts: 1,481
    edited February 2018
    Isn't the DM client unique to NwN or has some other game nicked the idea since NwN launched? I seem to remember reading posts on other forums that suggests that in spite of it being promised NwN2 never got this feature.

TR
  • DerpCityDerpCity Member, Moderator Posts: 303
    @TarotRedhand NWN2 did get the DM client. I think Divinity Original Sin 2 has a DM mode, but I don't know anything about it.
  • LibertyisbackLibertyisback Member Posts: 49
    edited February 2018
    one thing NWN let's you do that no other mmo lets you do is--- go to max level on all class/race/character builds at any time and test out every combo again and again, letting you tweak and tweak and test -- it is like having 100+x more games, by just buying one game. no other mmo lets you do this. sure, WoW or Smite have great powers and animations and classes.races-- but you only get to try 1-3 and cannot get to max level easily.

well in nwn you can go max level instantly on any build/race/class. it just means the universe of possible play is so much more ginormous. Envious of the awesome Druid build you just lost to in team pvp? Go build you own and try to see how much you can emulate. Is it just the build? or gameplay? Everything is possible in nwn. Not so in other mmos.
    Post edited by Libertyisback on
  • JFKJFK Member Posts: 214
    Do other games allow you to design, host, and run your own world? To offer custom, unique stories tailored to specific players? To allow players to truly change the world, to leave lasting changes on the landscape? To encounter anything in the world: a tree, a rock, a deer, and have it come alive for you, and begin speaking to you, and responding to your very words and actions?

NWN does.

-JFK
    edited February 2018
    NWN is the only mmo/game i know that let's you custom build your character with its own items -- to look like any character or celebrity from almost any genre. characters ive built in nwn, and been recognised in servers as playing that character:

President of USA suit (yup all in red white and blue, during 2nd Gulf War). Was instantly recognised by DMs, character was instantly banned -.-)
    Wonder Woman
    The Hulk
    I think Capn America is possible too btw
    (come to think of it, i might have been one of the very first in mmos to have done all this, superheroes in rpgs on mmos...)

(there are games like Champions Online which let you kind of do similar things, but not to the same level of detailed customisation that nwn let's you do. You can even pick your weapon colour highlights and weapon colour glows in NWN. Champions Online doesnt let you do that)
  • Effec_TorEffec_Tor Member Posts: 3
    Building NWN characters.
    edited March 2018
    (i know i periodically keep bumping this, but i just feel there are so many things unique about nwn that.. well i could just go on,...)

NWN is the only mmo that let's you have a derpy troll as a companion, or a dragon, or Predator-looking Celestial Avenger, or which let's you cast Dominate on any NPC or monster in the game and have it follow+ fight for you around in a daze with a blue sparkly halo....

no other mmo let's you do that, as far as i can remember. does WoW let you do that? it's just the amazing spell mechanics and variety. great world-thinking by the devs :}
    NWN is the only rpg/mmo game i know of with the most massive range and dimension of builds for an archer character.

1) If you want, and subject to the server's rules, you can build an archer with a massive on hit damage by crafting arrows/ammo with on-hit properties.

2) You can choose to play a monkish style high speed archer with Zen Archery and wisdom spells.

3) You can choose to add in hidey abilities into your archer build, letting him/her skulk unseen. maybe like assassins creed.

4) and even more besides: ranger, druid, cleric, shapeshifter,shadowdancer etc etc.... not to mention feats and spells and bard song. sort of endless.
  • TarotRedhandTarotRedhand Member Posts: 1,481
    edited March 2018
    I don't know if it's unique but you can play 6 different types of game all without having to acquire extra software -

Single player
    Lan multi-player
    Lan dm game
    Internet multiplayer
    Internet dm game
    Internet persistent world game

Or have I missed any?

TR