Skip to content

Staff of Magi made dropped character disappear?

So I'm playing through TOB and have a few mods installed. Hasn't been a problem in the past.

I decided to drop Imoen so I could have space for Dorn/Rasaad/Nera and do their side quests. I just finished all three and now wanted to pick up Imoen again.

But there's a problem: she's not in the pocket plane!

I looked around in other areas and I can't find her. I eventually went back to a save I made right before dropping her. I realized that she has the Staff of the Magi equipped. When I drop her, she disappears!

Is it possible she is in the pocket plane but invisible? I have tried casting true seeing and detect invisibility but cannot get her to show up.

Any ideas? Attached is the save before I dropped her, try dropping her yourself!

Comments

• hetreshetres Member Posts: 29
    Found an old thread that has some helpful suggestions

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/31713/staff-of-the-magi-problem
    Actually I couldn't get anything in that thread to work.

If anyone has any suggestions I would greatly appreciate it.
  • UnderstandMouseMagicUnderstandMouseMagic Member Posts: 2,147

"If anyone has any suggestions I would greatly appreciate it."

Put the OP in the "Your Greatest Facepalm Moments"?

Sorry, and you really do have my sympathy, but couldn't help finding the problem funny.
    I'll be honest, it's pretty comical. I've done enough runs of the game that it doesn't bother me too much, but I was hoping to run with Imoen until the end. If I can't get it to work I might take Sarevok along for some giggles.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    HOLY MOLES. CAMDAWG. That worked! Thank you