Skip to content

Custom content showcase

With the upcoming release of NWN EE I decided to resume some custom content work that I was doing for a now-abandoned server project of mine. I have started a new hardcore roleplay server project with a few friends, and I plan to complete some tilesets with attached placeables, a new weapon/shields system, and other such modeling tasks that'll come at a later stage.
I'll use this thread to document the progress.

The main tileset is a rich and complex set of wilderness terrains and crossers, that goes under the name of Mu

It includes a moorland/shrubland terrain, with raise/lower functionality:

Where some trees can be painted down:

Quite a lot of trees, actually:

Trees that come in a autumnal variation too:

And as placeables, including various species:

SherincallCroquetteronaldoNWN_TömlJFKSylvus_MoonbowthirdmouseDark_AnsemJuliusBorisovvoidofopinionAtrophiedericpscythePrince_Raymond

Comments

• NWN_TömlNWN_Töml Member Posts: 90
    Very nice tileset. I lo like the hills. Hill terrain is awesome :)
    JFK
  • LaputianBirdLaputianBird Member Posts: 107
    Some improvements to the overall looks of the caves, achieved through the use of shaders:

Dark_AnsemJFKAtrophiederic
  • Dark_AnsemDark_Ansem Member Posts: 992
    The fact that you can make tilesets is complete magic for me.
    GrymlordeDerpCityPrince_Raymond
    A work-in-progress of weapons. As soon as the new fancymaps technology stabilizes I'll get around at making proper textures for them, currently most of them use a generic metallic material

DerpCityAtrophiederic

A work-in-progress of weapons. As soon as the new fancymaps technology stabilizes I'll get around at making proper textures for them, currently most of them use a generic metallic material

these look like solid weapons: how can these work with that super-annoying 3-part system?

these look like solid weapons: how can these work with that super-annoying 3-part system?

They are already setup to use the three-parts system, which however can be replaced completely, or tweaked. These weapons use only 2 parts of the 3 available ones (blade/hilt, head/handle), so the free slot is available for other things, like specific per-model vfx effects
    DM_Djinn

They are already setup to use the three-parts system, which however can be replaced completely, or tweaked. These weapons use only 2 parts of the 3 available ones (blade/hilt, head/handle), so the free slot is available for other things, like specific per-model vfx effects
    could you please a share a tutorial about this?

could you please a share a tutorial about this?

I'll add it to my task list.

Take into account that changes to the weapon/item system are global, and hence are not in the realm of client-side tweaks, they must be implemented on the module level, although there are ways to keep the changes backward compatible.
    These weapons I'm making are currently meant for a server project I'm working on with some friends, due to the above reason. However they could be adopted on a wider scale if the module/server author wished to.
    Dark_Ansem
    Oh, so such methods wouldn't be implementable in a Q like collection?
    They could. ProjectQ was born with the explicit goal of implementing such systems, before it was sadly sidetracked to just be a CEP clone

They could. ProjectQ was born with the explicit goal of implementing such systems, before it was sadly sidetracked to just be a CEP clone

Oh goddamit. Now I'm sad.
  • scriverscriver Member Posts: 2,072
    Very nice stuff! Looking forward to see more.
    DerpCity
  • voidofopinionvoidofopinion Member, Moderator Posts: 1,248
    You are a mad man!

I love it!

:D
    Croquette
  • AtrophiedericAtrophiederic Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 147
    @LaputianBird Those tilesets look absolutely amazing! Incredible work! And those weapons, too! Yum yum gimme some!
    Croquette