Skip to content

Please boost Safana's stats!

Sorry if this has already been discussed before.

I sorely wish that OG would boost Safana's stats, as they are inferior to Imoen's and thereby would have little incitement to choose Safana over Immo.

Comments

• AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,527
    edited November 2012
    @HexHammer - That is not gonna happen. However, it is easily doable with pretty much every modding tool available, so you may do it yourself once the game is out.
  • HexHammerHexHammer Member Posts: 288
    I will cry myself to sleep :'(
    ..my beloved Safana must suffer!!
  • bigdogchrisbigdogchris Member Posts: 1,336
    High stats and fun factor do not correlate.

Play the characters, each with their own personality, and have fun with it! There's nothing wrong with not being 'the best' in every single way. The quirky characters that have their own odd traits can be the most fun.
    ajwz said:

Oh, you want them to increase the size of her "stats" huh?

I just want her to be on par with Immo, is that a crime?! :(

@HexHammer - You didn't quite get @awjz's joke, did you? :P

Old NPCs' stats shall not be touched by the devs for BG:EE. As I said, they can be altered fairly easily by yourself, so you may assign Imoen's stat total to Safana on your playthrough.
    Yes, but whining is much better, the joke was as in hooters and jugs.

The fact that her stats will remain bad is really heartacheing!!
    It hurts me a lot more that she's not getting bigger gazongas.
    Thanks for derailing this for the pron academy >_>
    ..besides, I prefer to play "legal" games instead of editing it, else I could just give myself 25 in everything.

Legal is best!
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    edited November 2012
    Her stats are fine. 17 Dex 16 Int 17 Cha? Yeah I'll take it, seriously. She's tied for highest Charisma with Ajantis, can't complain too much about that. Also her 13 Strength means she can carry more than Imoen.

No one is ever gonna be on-par with Imoen. Imoen is a cheater. They added Imoen to the game for all the newbies to use. If you ask me, Imoen is good for someone's first playthrough or two but if they don't move on after that to other thieves, then they are just pansies. Or don't care about characters, just stats.
  • Wikkid_SuhnWikkid_Suhn Member Posts: 136
    What a douchey comment. I generally enjoy your input but you are totally wrong in this. Imoen is a unique character with a thief's personality. I enjoy her cant-like phrases. She is cool in her own way, just as Safana is. No need to misrepresent people's motivations for keeping Imoen around.
  • IchigoRXCIchigoRXC Member Posts: 1,001
    Quartz said:

Her stats are fine. 17 Dex 16 Int 17 Cha? Yeah I'll take it, seriously. She's tied for highest Charisma with Ajantis, can't complain too much about that. Also her 13 Strength means she can carry more than Imoen.

No one is ever gonna be on-par with Imoen. Imoen is a cheater. They added Imoen to the game for all the newbies to use. If you ask me, Imoen is good for someone's first playthrough or two but if they don't move on after that to other thieves, then they are just pansies. Or don't care about characters, just stats.

TIAX RULES ALL!
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    Imoen does have several issues that make her a half-finished character (just compare her soundfiles to that of the other characters).

Safana does have that special ability where she can charm people though.
  • MechaliburMechalibur Member Posts: 265
    Tanthalas said:

Imoen does have several issues that make her a half-finished character (just compare her soundfiles to that of the other characters).

Safana does have that special ability where she can charm people though.

No, just animals, and whatever implications you want to give that.
    @Mechalibur

It charms people now.
  • MechaliburMechalibur Member Posts: 265
    Well that makes a lot more sense, thanks for letting me know.

(And it's a bit less creepy...)
    Has a nifty sound effect too.
    Ye, never understood why this gorgeous looking rogue could charm animals? Maybe it's a cheap metaphor to charming studs and wolfs.
    @Hexhammer

I think what happened was that they decided to cut corners while making BG1 and so they just gave Safana the Charm Animal ability of Rangers (in BG1 Charm Animal also worked on people, not just animals).
    Tanthalas said:

@Hexhammer

I think what happened was that they decided to cut corners while making BG1 and so they just gave Safana the Charm Animal ability of Rangers (in BG1 Charm Animal also worked on people, not just animals).

OooOOoohh!!! ..never got to that, was distracted by ..uhmm ..something!!