Skip to content

Feature request: Scripted Interactions ala PoE

For those who don't know what I am talking about: here.

Basically, I believe this tool would help immensely in NWN narration.

I am aware that dialogue boxes already allow this, to an extent. However, they are somewhat immersion-breaking.

Comments

• Dark_AnsemDark_Ansem Member Posts: 992
    For those who don t how how this could work...

https://youtu.be/AePlmBYV1zI minute 52
  • ZwerkulesZwerkules Member Posts: 112
    If it were possible to customize the GUI, this could easily be done by the community.
    Zwerkules said:

If it were possible to customize the GUI, this could easily be done by the community.

Would it? How?
    Is customising the GUI already a Trello Card?
  • dafenadafena Member Posts: 74

Zwerkules said:

Would it? How?
    https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/67757/the-ui-refactor-investigation-card-discussion#latest
  • ShadowMShadowM Member Posts: 573
    Trello board vote LINK
  • PaddyMaxsonPaddyMaxson Member Posts: 28
    edited March 2018

Zwerkules said:

Would it? How?

If you can customise the UI to make the whole screen a dialogue window with a nice background then this is fairly simple conversation scripting.
    It's just literally:
    *IF PC Int/Strength/Whatever is this high, show this option*
    *If PC Inventory contains *hammer and chisel* show this option*
    Or even
    *Show this option, when it's selected do a strenght check, if PC strength is too low then *teleport player to new area because they fell down a hole**

I mean you can do it as is, but you'd just have your PC be in conversation with an invisible NPC while it happens.

Zwerkules said:

Would it? How?

If you can customise the UI to make the whole screen a dialogue window with a nice background then this is fairly simple conversation scripting.
    It's just literally:
    Or even
    *Show this option, when it's selected do a strenght check, if PC strength is too low then *teleport player to new area because they fell down a hole**

I mean you can do it as is, but you'd just have your PC be in conversation with an invisible NPC while it happens.
    looks horrible, too.
  • PaddyMaxsonPaddyMaxson Member Posts: 28

Zwerkules said:

Would it? How?

It's just literally:
    Or even

looks horrible, too.
    Well, I mean all of the above is in script...or did you mean that making it a conversation looked horrible?

I don't disagree with that, so making them become fullscreen conversations would be great.

Zwerkules said:

Would it? How?

It's just literally:
    Or even

looks horrible, too.
    Well, I mean all of the above is in script...or did you mean that making it a conversation looked horrible?

I don't disagree with that, so making them become fullscreen conversations would be great.
    I'm sorry, I mean that the standard conversation window, for the purpose of the thread, is dreadful. A lot better would be this sort of scripted frame, with text appearing like a written page.