Skip to content

Blackstone Keep makes its debut on Enhanced Edition PW Server.

Comments

• AragnusAragnus Member Posts: 1
    edited August 2021
    This server may have all the bells and whistles one would seek in a Pw server. What it lacks is players having feedback in server changes. Changes are implemented with out notice. Said changes benefit the older vets and I mean older vets who have been on the server since before EE version came out. New players have no chance of earning some items due to changes. Older players have had the chance to the fully respec their chars, new players no longer have this option. The Meta on the server appears to be monks and 2ndly their is no difference in player builds the sets one char apart from another. The Vets close ranks and horde knowledge items and even go to great lengths to make sure that on a daily basis to grab all the good items from the blackrose vendor. The oldest member of the server runs through the the desert at after every reset. to horde the stone pillars that drop items to which allow one to forge your items. These pillars are quite rare. Another problem with the server is vets who steal kills and then when called out on it switches to another tune cause they can't slay a char with the one they are using. Another vet is in a constant feud between his guild legion of Terror and the Scratching Post.
    They also have a discord which you are only allowed to think the way the majority is thinking. Dissenting opinions on changes are not allowed to be discussed or appreciated.

Vets take an elitist attitude towards new players. Over the past few days the longest member of their server quit the Bsk discord server and Tsp guild discord server. Their rp DM resigned, step down as he was tired as he put it of babysitting the players and differences with management on how to run the server. The Blackstone Keep Server tends to be a very toxic and negative server due to mostly the legion of Terror guild and this overflows into the BSK discord server via Legion of Terror Guild Members.

Driller the Admin/Dm basically told the players that disagree with him to go find a new server or use the the hall of deluxe training. Like Really the server is dying and basically you tell players to leave. This is the main Problem with said server!!!
    Post edited by Aragnus on
  • TM5000TM5000 Member Posts: 15
    I have played on BSK since around 2007, way before NWN:EE, and I find this PW a quite enjoyable experience.

Plenty to do, many areas to explore throughout level-up, and also plenty of areas to explore and conquer at level 40 too.

Custom crafting, high level raids, godlike powerful bosses requiring a large party to defeat them. RP is there to a small degree too, if you seek it out.

Overall great server.
  • PeppeMardukPeppeMarduk Member Posts: 1
    My experience has been totally different from the one described by Aragnus above.

The moment I created my first character I was greeted by Pavlo, who helped me, gave me some gear, showed me the world and gave me some money to survive. Thanks to him and to the a few more friendly adventurers I managed to level up to 40 in less than a week and learn along the way.

Every time I asked a question either on the discord or online I was helped.

Most lvl 40 players raids at the reboot of the server, I expected to have to get in some guilds or have to get friends in order to get into raiding but actually you don't.
    You just need to ask and you are invited in the raid group, regardless of experience and gear, you are then usually explained and guided to do the bosses and given excess gear, everyone is welcome. In a few days a was a regular and I would be asked on reboot if I wanted to join

I find the community to be great and helpful, all vets were nothing but forthcoming with explanations and help.

If you are on the fence for a PW and do not want to RP all the time but be allowed to RP, give Blackstone Keep a go. I did and I'm hooked.
  • QuilistanQuilistan Member Posts: 177
    I 100% agree with PeppeMarduk. Love Blackstone Keep!

I and two of my sons played on Blackstone pretty much every day for a good year. We were invited to raids constantly and had great fun with everyone we played with. I still log in occasionally and romp around, but I have also run my own PW server for 20 years and it is taking up my time again.

Driller and the crew there have built a very fun server. Driller could not have been more accommodating. I thank him for his understanding and respect. My boys loved playing on his server, and I am sure they will again sometime when they get back to NWN.

Blackstone Keep = Great PW