Skip to content

Crazy question, but...

... I recently checked the status of my character's romance with Viconia and the number '2520601' came up. What does this mean?

Thanx!!!

Scourge2

Comments

• BorekBorek Member Posts: 513
    Scourge2 said:

Crazy question, but...

... I recently checked the status of my character's romance with Viconia and the number '2520601' came up. What does this mean?

Thanx!!!

Scourge2

That is almost definitely a timer in seconds, which needs to be waited out until it reaches 0 and the next stage can potentially trigger, probably a dialogue.
  • Humanoid_TaifunHumanoid_Taifun Member Posts: 1,055
    You are probably looking at the wrong variable. VICONIAROMANCEACTIVE tells you what state the romance is in.

@Borek
    The timers don't go down to 0.
    The timers are checked against the game's time. That's why changing them to small numbers has an effect (the game's time advances all the time).
    Note that we're talking about playing time here. The time continues running even when the game is paused. You can finish the Baldur's Gate romances within a single in-game day by simply keeping the game paused and only unpausing for the love talks.

This is not to be confused with the other timer which measures in-game time. Whenever a quest is time-sensitive, this second timer is what the variable is being tested against.
  • BorekBorek Member Posts: 513
    Romance timers most definitely do trigger at zero, my favourite command to advance romances via the console is:

C:SetGlobal("ViconiaRomance","Global",1)

As long as you do not have other requirements such as with Jaheira needing to have her Bad dream during a party rest it will trigger. No point pausing and waiting if you can activate the console.