Skip to content

Fighter/Thief & Deck of Many Things

Can someone tell me if this multi-class gains str or dex from this? I wanted to make a Halfling Fighter/Thief in BG:EE so I can reach 20 dex with the tome then later import into BGII:EE and hopefully(?) raise it to 21 with Deck of many things. If Fighter/Thief's instead get str then I'll probably just make a Swashbuckler but first wanted to find out here. Thanks :)

Comments

• Humanoid_TaifunHumanoid_Taifun Member Posts: 1,055
    I don't think the deck of many things works as it is advertised everywhere. I can't remember not getting strength from it, even with pure clerics.
  • BorekBorek Member Posts: 513

Can someone tell me if this multi-class gains str or dex from this? I wanted to make a Halfling Fighter/Thief in BG:EE so I can reach 20 dex with the tome then later import into BGII:EE and hopefully(?) raise it to 21 with Deck of many things. If Fighter/Thief's instead get str then I'll probably just make a Swashbuckler but first wanted to find out here. Thanks :)

Based on what i have seen and read on the matter it will give you dex if you have a Thief multi-class 100% of the time.
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    also, with this being said, if you were a cleric/thief for example im going to assume the wisdom gain will be what you get since when the game script checks to see what class you are and the order goes: divine caster, rogue, mage, then everyone else

and also depending on what class "longbow" actually means, that would also mean that a thief/mage would get +1 dexterity instead of intelligence, even if you dualled mage first ( since the script's 2nd check is the thief one)

and if "longbow" actually means ANY mage class then if you were a fighter/mage you would get intelligence instead of strength ( since the script's 3rd check is the mage one)

and if you were a fighter/mage/thief then you would get dexterity, since again the script's 2nd check is rogue
    ThacoBellRaduzielGusindaStummvonBordwehr
  • Jaheiras_WitnessJaheiras_Witness Member Posts: 614
    Why are you so hooked on getting to 21 DEX anyway? Potions of Mind Focusing are semi-permanent +3 DEX and +3 INT. They last 12 hours each and can be stacked. I have 24/25 DEX/INT and 18 WIS from Potion of Insight on anyone who needs them all the time.
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    probably because potions can be dispelled and there are finite amounts of them, there is nothing wrong with wanting to have 21 dex for your thief, in fact the half-orc swashbuckler run im doing right now is going to have 21 DEX in ToB ( although i won't be using the DoMT to get a DEX point though i like my ring of protection +3 and +10 HP more :) )