Skip to content

How to kill 'Zadroth the Lich'?

StarhowlStarhowl Member Posts: 39
Before I'm able to kill him, he casts a spell and vanishes into nowhere. I also tried using 'The Secret Revealed' on him, but there isn't enough time so he's gone before it's taking effect.

Does anyone know how to kill this already dead, marvelous creature?

Comments

• ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Is he the Lich in the old dwarven city? You need to make him hostile through dialogue. Otherwise he teleports away through a script, so you can't block it.
    Starhowl
  • StarhowlStarhowl Member Posts: 39
    edited March 2018
    Might it be that my charisma is of such high value, that he refuses to attack? Wouldn't make me wonder.. What do you think?

Update: I just went through the complete dialogue-tree and there was no way he'd attack me; Safana had a charisma-value of 19.
    Then I talked to him with 17 charisma and there were no additional dialogue-options.
    There should be an aggresive dialogue option that you can choose to make him hostile. I run with max charisma, so that shouldn't be an issue.
    Starhowl
    Seems like it doesn't exist for me. Before he wasn't pulled into the mortal plane, according to 'Near Inifinity', there also isn't a dialogue.
    When you pull onto your plane, there SHOULD be a dialogue.
    Which there is, but again, having gone through the complete dialogue-tree, none of the options lead to a confrontation. Any ideas?
  • ChroniclerChronicler Member Posts: 1,391
    Is this in the main BG1 campaign? I didn't think there were any liches until Siege of Dragonspear.
    It's in 'Siege of Dragonspear'.
    Chronicler
  • ChroniclerChronicler Member Posts: 1,391
    Ah, that makes sense. Thanks.
  • MERLANCEMERLANCE Member Posts: 421
    edited March 2018
    You need 25 lore on your Bhaalspawn PC to get the option to fight. Potions of insight and genius for example would raise it.
    StarhowlThacoBellGrond0
    I see. And where can I check this lore-status? Is there a way to raise it?
  • MERLANCEMERLANCE Member Posts: 421
    Its on your character sheet. Potions of insight and genius would be the easiest ways
    Starhowl
    You were right, it was the lore-check that I failed. Thank you very much!
    ThacoBell
    I didn't realize there was a stat check there.
  • kiwidockiwidoc Member Posts: 1,437
    edited July 2022
    @MERLANCE a very belated thanks for the very useful info. I was able to attack Zhadroth when I pushed my PC's character's Lore up to 27, using potions of Genius annd Insight, plus a non standard buckler from a mod (I forget which one).
    Oddly - I was attacked by the watcher even though I killed the lich. I didn't mind too muc - loads of extra XP, and I will still mega buffed for the lich fight and didn't have to use anything more.
    Post edited by kiwidoc on
  • bluemanxcatbluemanxcat Member Posts: 2
    I have a natural lore of 34, but still couldn't get the hostile dialogue to come up. :(