Skip to content

[MOD-BETA] DLC Merger for Enhanced Edition games (deprecated)

argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,431
edited June 2018 in General Modding
Post edited by argent77 on
ArunsunRaduzielJuliusBorisov

Comments

• Necromanx2Necromanx2 Member Posts: 1,246
    Should this be used if mod merge has already been used?
    Going forward, we no longer need mod merge?
  • argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,431
    Yes. This mod can be seen as an alternative to modmerge for merging the SoD DLC with BG:EE, once it is stable enough.
    Beta 2 is out. Download link in first post has been updated.

Beta 2 contains some improvements that should speed up the merge operation and will skip invalid or damaged DLC archives without terminating the installation process when using option 3 (Merge all available DLC archives).
  • pierukallepierukalle Member Posts: 1
    Just a comment. Tried BWS today which has switched to using DLC Merger instead of modmerge and install failed because of existing sod-dlc.disabled backup file left behind by modmerge. deleting the file before retry solved it. File was outdated anyway because I had revalideted file integrity through steam client.
    edited June 2018
    @pierukalle Does the whole BWS fail or just the DLC Merger component? DLC Merger is coded to abort the current operation if an already merged SoD DLC has been detected. The abort message is similar to a regular fail, but doesn't mark it as failed installation (note the ABORT prefix in the debug log). BWS should continue the installation process normally.
  • Fulsom2121Fulsom2121 Member Posts: 25
    edited June 2018

Just a comment. Tried BWS today which has switched to using DLC Merger instead of modmerge and install failed because of existing sod-dlc.disabled backup file left behind by modmerge. deleting the file before retry solved it. File was outdated anyway because I had revalideted file integrity through steam client.

argent77 said:

@pierukalle Does the whole BWS fail or just the DLC Merger component? DLC Merger is coded to abort the current operation if an already merged SoD DLC has been detected. The abort message is similar to a regular fail, but doesn't mark it as failed installation (note the ABORT prefix in the debug log). BWS should continue the installation process normally.

It worked exactly like @argent77 describes for me. The merger was started and aborted because I used modmerge before and installation just continued.

ABORT: Siege of Dragonspear DLC already merged.
    Automatically skipping [Merge DLC into game -> "Siege of Dragonspear" DLC] because it was aborted.