Skip to content

What do you want to see in new campaigns by BD?

Dark_AnsemDark_Ansem Member Posts: 992
edited March 2018 in Official Campaigns
Wishlist time, everyone:
  • Madness system, like we were supposed to see in the original NWN campaign.
  • Eldritch/extraplanar locations: places with lots of weird stuff hanging around, levitating continents, talking plants, psychedelic VFX having all around, morphing landscapes, two-level tilesets, descent into deep darkness etc
  • Proper Elven and Dwarven tilesets: think of Erebor and Lothlorien, I am aware that they are not so exotic, but I sort of miss
  • Ideas that defy common gameplay: in Baldur's gate we had to achieve our Divinity, in any NWN expansion I not only want to achieve it, I want to Experience it and put it to the test in a "twilight of the gods/time of troubles" campaign
  • a return to Baldur's gate? I would love to see the city developed in 3d proper
  • A proper introduction of subraces and templates: just like in Westgate, at the end, we can turn into a vampire.
Post edited by Dark_Ansem on

Comments

• MatthieuMatthieu Member Posts: 386
    About locations, as I mentioned in a distinct thread, I don't believe returning again to well known locations is a good idea. We explored Baldur's Gate quite a lot. Maybe it's better to move on an explore new areas like well: th Moonshae, Sossal or Calimshan.
  • Dark_AnsemDark_Ansem Member Posts: 992
    Matthieu said:

About locations, as I mentioned in a distinct thread, I don't believe returning again to well known locations is a good idea. We explored Baldur's Gate quite a lot. Maybe it's better to move on an explore new areas like well: th Moonshae, Sossal or Calimshan.

Which thread?

I want to go to the Inner planes, the Positive and Negative energy plane would be quite a challenge
    I think there may be some contractual issues here as the NWN licence was for the Forgotten Realms and these planes fall more on the Planescape scope, otherwise yeah these would be good places to visit.
    Matthieu said:

I think there may be some contractual issues here as the NWN licence was for the Forgotten Realms and these planes fall more on the Planescape scope, otherwise yeah these would be good places to visit.

But they are also described in the forgotten realms guide to the planes...
  • michaumichau Member Posts: 11
    A proper Athkatla-like city hub full of stuff or open area like Bg1 sword coast full of stuff.
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    I don't care about all this video game shiznit, just give me a great story and interesting NPCs.

I don't care about all this video game shiznit, just give me a great story and interesting NPCs.

Aren't you a demanding one :lol:
    If I had a major wish it would be a DLC Premium module campaign set in the Moonshae, returning us to the roots of the Forgotten Realms, the Northmen, the Ffolk, the Llewyr, the earth mother, etc.
    Matthieu said:

If I had a major wish it would be a DLC Premium module campaign set in the Moonshae, returning us to the roots of the Forgotten Realms, the Northmen, the Ffolk, the Llewyr, the earth mother, etc.

That would work for me. Perhaps with an intra-module travel system?
  • Dreamy_StuDreamy_Stu Member Posts: 1
    I would love some LGBTQI+ companions to romance because I’d just love to romance a guy again and representation matters. I had a lot of fun with Glint and I can’t wait to see him in BG2.

I would love some LGBTQI+ companions to romance because I’d just love to romance a guy again and representation matters. I had a lot of fun with Glint and I can’t wait to see him in BG2.

Ah, SoD. No wonder the right-wingers were so butthurt.
    Matthieu said:

You know, my greatest wish is that game designers would simply, you know, write good and deep stories with stimulating action and strategy. I miss those days in the 80s and 90s where we focused on the essentials and simply made better campaigns.

what do you mean, you don't like modern games like Soul Calibur where huge boobs in BSDM make up for the nonexistent plot?
  • 1varangian1varangian Member Posts: 367
    Full party control for single player with a party of 2-5. I want to have a proper tactical experience instead of having to worry about my henchmen getting stuck in doorways and doing stupid suicidal things. That includes directing summoned creatures to attack a specific enemy.

No respawn buttons! They don't belong to D&D.

Storywise, an epic trilogy that starts small and takes its time. With a progression of about 6 PC levels per part.

Full party control for single player with a party of 2-5. I want to have a proper tactical experience instead of having to worry about my henchmen getting stuck in doorways and doing stupid suicidal things. That includes directing summoned creatures to attack a specific enemy.

No respawn buttons! They don't belong to D&D.

Storywise, an epic trilogy that starts small and takes its time. With a progression of about 6 PC levels per part.

Only 6 levels?
  • tbone1tbone1 Member Posts: 1,985
    Is BSDM some kind of kinky sex act involving open source Unix?
    tbone1 said:

Is BSDM some kind of kinky sex act involving open source Unix?

It is too.
  • jwwjww Member Posts: 34
    I'd like a full level 1 to 40 campaign. It could be broken up into 2 or 3 premium modules, but I'd like them to be more connected than the current campaigns are. A continuation of the story rather than a few miscellaneous references.

I like some of the ideas people mentioned above -- the Moonshaes would be a great setting for the start of the campaign. They had a pretty unique feel if I remember the old TSR books correctly. Baldur's Gate/Neverwinter/Waterdeep all kind of start feeling the same after a while. Maybe the second module travels outside the Moonshaes, and then the third module moves on to extra-planar stuff for the high-level parts, which could be fun if done right (like Dark_Ansem's psychedelic landscape idea).
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    Storywise I'd prefer the drama not be external to the cast of characters (a la Icewind Dale). I prefer stories where the main character to be essential to the conflict, and that the drama revolves around him or her like it did in Baldur's Gate. It provides for better roleplay and immersion imho.
  • dTddTd Member Posts: 182
    Well for me, RP nirvana would be a Krynn based module, yes bring back Dragon Lance and I'd buy few more copies than I already have :)
    Ok, I get what @TrentOster says here: https://venturebeat.com/2018/04/22/beamdogs-neverwinter-nights-enhanced-edition-takes-up-the-community-mantle-of-the-original/2/

That NWN is supposed to be like a pen and paper experience rather than a visual novel.

Still, it can't be denied that SP is especially important in Nostalgia games.
    Moving around vast locations is something the PnP official campaign for D&D5 do well. That's probably something I'd like, why not NWN modules on Tomb of Annihilation, Storm King's Thunder or Out of the Abyss. Maybe even the upcomming Dragon Heist?